Sexo = F. What the...

Yeah I hope you can EFFICIENTLY do the cesarian (?) procedure because there ain't no way the baby is coming out of any other hole!

Maybe I can get the baby delivered in the Bahamas? :p

At least you can present your evidence to the contrary when you challenge their mistake. My friend has a passport and DNI that says he's married. He isn't, and now there's apparently no way he can prove that he isn't.

My DNI says I was born in British Indian Ocean Territory. Close enough.

jp said:
My DNI says I was born in British Indian Ocean Territory.

Close enough.

What the hell's up with Argentines and British Indian Ocean Terriroty? You're the second person on this thread who's got that written on their DNIs.

nicoenarg said:
What the hell's up with Argentines and British Indian Ocean Terriroty? You're the second person on this thread who's got that written on their DNIs.

probably comes up on the computers first or something.

Sorry to revive this old thread, just received a text from the Ministerio del Interior informing me that my DNI has finally been dispatched to the correo and that I should receive it soon.

They also wrote that the new DNI is only the card, in case anyone else was wondering.

I will update here once more when I actually receive the DNI and make sure I don't have to remove my testicles or something because they wrote F again!

Since when does migraciones or the registro use the letter "F" to denote sex?

In my DNI the letter M is crossed out, but M does not stand for male.

The letter "M" is the abreviation for mujer and that means woman or female.

The abreviation for male in my DNI is the letter "V" and I don't know what that stands for.

Could it be vaquero? I do live in the country. ;)

In my DNI circa 2008 there are 2 sex designations Varon (male) and Mujer so if the booklet has the signs V and M in boxes, for a Male you cross out, erase the M for mujer. Now F must a be a new designation Masculin and Femenin for Sex???
jajajajajaj the Criteria es you wipe out, erase, what does not apply.... jjajajajaj
My DNI has 2 boxes one reads TEMP the other reads PERM. the PERM is crossed out since only TEMP applies...!!1

So, after waiting over 4 months and then asking my father in law to make some calls to get me the DNI, I received my DNI today. Everything was fine and dandy until I read Sexo/Sex: F

Honestly, why the HELL can't they do anything right from the get go? This is freakin pissing me off.

I don't really care about what they write on the damn document. But I know how Argentine institutions work. If I go somewhere, they'll look at the card (if they actually do) and then see the big ole 'F' there and cry foul.

"Whose card is this?!"

"Mine! It says my name on there, clearly and has my picture!"

"Yes, yes, its your name and your picture but is it really you? NO! It says F. This is not you!"

This kind of stuff happened to me when they, after looking at by birth certificate, wrote a completely different country as my country of birth and then asked me to prove I was the same guy whose details they'd put in the system a couple of months ago. Lawyers and a year and a half later they accepted that it was me.

So, what I want to know is, does this matter or can I just leave it?

And if it does matter then am I looking at another 4-6 months or can they do it on the spot (after paying them extra fee or whatever).

Also, this is just a card, is that how it is or am I supposed to have a booklet?

IF the F is crossed out is CORRECT you are Masculino M not F Femenino .....!! Seeee!!

Funny Thread. I went to get my DNI last week , at the hell hole in Once.

First thing I checked was the gender !!! They got it right !!!

I am still a MAN !!!

My dni has M,masturbator?but my name is asse about face which doesn't cause a problem in every day life,been to Uru
with it.When I sold a something they wouldn't use it for id,had to use passport.Btw,I moved but have changed me address
not sure of the procedure or if it's worth the hassle,which I would think it will be!any thoughts?

Back