Share Your Favorite Pictures Of Argentina

Problem with goats is that they eat everything, including rose trees.

Why not two cows? Or two horses/poneys? Would be cheaper on the long term (vet costs compared to gasoline/replacement)

What is most interesting about these two photos is that I took them this afternoon within ten seconds of each other, standing in the same place. The first photo is a view to the south and the second photo is a view to the north. The land to the north is right beside my house. The land to the south (across the street and where the mountains of brick are located) has always looked a lot like a desert while the land to the north has always been somewhat grassy. At this time the "grass" is higher and denser than ever, thanks to the protective wind break provided by the tamarisco trees.

looking%2Bsouth.jpg

looking%2Bnorth.jpg

The view to the North is truly inspiring. I can feel the clouds moving.

And look at the difference in the cloud cover over the grassy land versus the land that looks like a desert...though that was just a matter of happenstance.

As beautiful as it is, it's doubtful anyone will ever build on the grassy land. It's about a meter lower than the land my house is on and often has standing water after a rainstorm. This spring it had several inches of water near the street for at least two months. If it was in the USA ,the EPA would classify it as a natural wetland.

Problem with goats is that they eat everything, including rose trees.

The downside of goats definitely outweighs the upside.

Why not two cows? Or two horses/poneys? Would be cheaper on the long term (vet costs compared to gasoline/replacement)

Cows are too "messy" and don't have a high enough "enjoyment quotient" for me to want to have them.

I'm not enough a horseman to actually want to own one (or two). Nonetheless, as I've posted in another thread, if my future neighbor wants to have a couple horses, I would be willing to let them use the 2500 m2 directly behind their house to have a stable and corral.

I would also be happy to go riding with them often, as well as look after their house and horses when they are traveling.
emo32.gif

I was walking through the village last week. This truck was on one side of the street:

P1010899.JPG

And this 3CV was on the other side (directly opposite the truck):

P1010898.JPG

PS: They have both been in their present locations for quite some time.

Back