she makes me sick already...

legilber With each question said:
Patronizing as much as sarcastic. Her facial expressions and tone with the Haiti guy were unbelievable...thought she was going to congratulate him for rising from the curse of being black and being at uni...but la frescura, me encanta la frescura!

Wander said:
I've lived here for 16 years and have seen various governments in charge.

Nope, you haven't. You've seen two self proclaimed peronista governments and one hybrid-coalition disastrous attempt by their self deluded/defeating oposition. Please note the usual suspects/familiar names still around since Menem's days. Back in the Cavallo days they went for the big cash, familly jewels and the house furniture, now they must also have the piggy bancks. Some things change only to remain the same.

Boy, are you still wet behind the ears...

RichardP said:
What was even worse was how those clueless academics at Georgetown practically peed in their pants at the mere presence of The Queen.

that's clearly because those kids are a bunch of clueless unprepared students!
come to debate with any national university postgraduate student, and he will formulate much better questions than those cheap political chicanas about cepo cambiario and rereleccion. It was so naive to expect a straight answer about that, why should she say something about that, goes against any political strategy, and those students should have thought about it. An opportunity to talk face to face with your president and waste your turn with a question that's gonna get such an obvious kind of answer...how can you do that! they should all be sent home with a huge F, to graduate over again.

in which country have you all been living? we are poor, we are in the THIRD world! what do you expect from a government? BA is in the effing south america. Hello there! Argentina is not BA and BA is not Barrio Norte, nor Puerto Madero. Have that in mind when you think about an economic-socio-political state of affairs.

i expect no one starving to death (please youtube some videos from 2001 - desnutricion), i expect kids going to school (asignacion universal por hijo demands children going to school and getting vaccines, that's so important at the moment), I expect the REAL dictators born from a whole in hell to go to prision! The last dictatorship (1976-1983) dissapeared THIRTY THOUSAND people in 6 years, kidnapped and sold hundreds of babies, took them out of their tortured mothers' arms' right before killing them. Declared a war against one of the most powerful armies of the world! and sent young unprepared guys who couldn't shoot their cheap guns... who were freezing in the south, who didn't have equipment, nor right clothes, nor training, and they all knew it!
wtf are you talking about! I expect those real dictators be taken against a civil jury, and then taken to prision, And after 30 years of democracy, THIS government is taking those bums to prision, first time in 30 years!! Plus, this government is unwrapping the huge mafia Grupo Clarin has built since the last dictadura. That's justice! That's caring about argentina.

OK, yes there is corruption, yes there is a very wide and powerful network of corruption, everybody knows that, but THIS has always been like this, and it's like this in every f***ed southamerican country. Protesting against corruption is so stupid (at this stage of development)! is clearly the top of a huge iceberg which no one really understands and clearly relates to our young 200 years of history (and beyond that, remember in the first years of the unveiled america to the ''world'', these southern lands were colonized by thieves and bums from spain, in contrast to the kind of people that went to north america to build a new and greater england, which they successfully did, --read Las venas abiertas de america latina by E. Galeano).

IMF has destroyed south america, and argentina was the perfect laboratory rat for their experiments. Get to know a piece of history. I am so proud she calmly said that in their faces. and without remorse.

ropasuciaafuera said:
this government is unwrapping the huge mafia Grupo Clarin has built since the last dictadura. That's justice! That's caring about argentina.

we're talking about Clarin here http://baexpats.org/expat-life/24374-finger-4.html

trying to work out how it is considered a monopoly when it only seems to have 1-2 "licenses" in each city/province? maybe you can help us work it out?

:)

IMF has destroyed south america, and argentina was the perfect laboratory rat for their experiments. Get to know a piece of history. I am so proud she calmly said that in their faces. and without remorse.[/QUOTE]

And that's why Brazil has grown to be the sixth biggest economy in the world?

What I find funny is, with all her bitchy, sniping remarks, the ignorant put downs, the "you should have kept your mouth shut instead of asking such a stupid question" comments.......how similar she is to the Republicans or a Fox News commentator.

This isn't just a Kirchner thing but what is prevalent today in modern politics.

glasgowjohn said:
:)

IMF has destroyed south america, and argentina was the perfect laboratory rat for their experiments. Get to know a piece of history. I am so proud she calmly said that in their faces. and without remorse.

And that's why Brazil has grown to be the sixth biggest economy in the world?[/QUOTE]

are you suggesting then that Brazil owes its power to the IMF recipes, money, advice slash demands slash threatens?

you should contrast both countries histories if you want to compare both economies. The US funded dictaduras in south america were not as strong as in Argentina. In brazil it wasn't that hard... (even though terrible too) Of course we are responsible for our history. We and only we are. That's why I celebrate cutting the student pet attitude towards IMF and US of the previous governments (and that;s luckily a new trend in many countries in Southamerica). Aside of our own incapacity for looking for what's best for our homeland, I believe it's undeniable that IMF and US governments directly contributed to take our economy down in the last 40 years.

and by the way, do you know the size and the population of brazil? how can you compare both countries on the same ground?

and by the way have you ever been in Brazil? Have you seen the huge amount of poor people on the streets? have you walked through CRACOLANDIA in Sao Paulo?

Being a super power country doesn't mean that has huge problems of health, education, and social justice.

scotttswan said:
we're talking about Clarin here http://baexpats.org/expat-life/24374-finger-4.html

trying to work out how it is considered a monopoly when it only seems to have 1-2 "licenses" in each city/province? maybe you can help us work it out?

please read what you write my friend, it's nonsense!

learn some history and get informed. Please watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnreyVRibQ

of course its a monopoly. they control the only journal paper factory (the one that provides with paper for ALL the other journals... why do they own that??? how do you call that?

how Grupo Clarin begun its race towards power? when was the jump?
1976, papel prensa, is probably the answer.

please get some information.

Back