Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

soulskier said:
IMO, letting people live in the country because they receive $2,000/month or more is not helping the country. I think they should give more incentive to those who invest in Argentina, and make a positive difference in the local communities. That makes more sense to me.

I agree but having people spending their $2000 month in the local economy still has it's benefits and is better than noting at all. There is little foreign investment in Argentina for some well known reasons that have been discussed here many times before, until these policies and perceptions are changed the situation will not improve.

gouchobob said:
I agree but having people spending their $2000 month in the local economy still has it's benefits and is better than noting at all. There is little foreign investment in Argentina for some well known reasons that have been discussed here many times before, until these policies and perceptions are changed the situation will not improve.

And (finally) reaching into their pockets for income tax revenue will help, too.

steveinbsas said:
And (finally) reaching into their pockets for income tax revenue will help, too.

Making every foreigner with a legal status in Argentina sign a sworn statement with assest held in Argentina, abroad and heavy fines and prison sentence for abuse will help a lot more

The law already says that foreign assest are taxable so make them pay it

Argentines with high incomes also have to do it, the system is already there

qwerty said:
Argentines with high incomes also have to do it, the system is already there

Like the Kirchners? I remember reading that Nestor, his wife, and son paid about one quarter of one percent of their income in taxes in the past few years.

I guess they have a special exemption...or perhaps they crossed their fingers.

They were prosucuted and the judge found no wrongdoing on there part

qwerty said:
They were prosucuted and the judge found no wrongdoing on there part

Of course there was no wrongdoing on their part, they're innocent!

steveinbsas said:
Of course there was no wrongdoing on their part, they're innocent!

What are you trying to insinuate ? If you have proof of some wrongdoing please share it.

AlexfromLA said:
What are you trying to insinuate ? If you have proof of some wrongdoing please share it.

It was in the papers. You can practice your Spanish by doing some research on your own...and perhaps querty can learn the correct use of the words there, their, and they're from reading my post.

Back