Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

steveinbsas said:
Such as property in Argentina?

(If that's your answer I happen to agree, but in most cases, buying a house or apartment to rent to tourists here will not meet the requirements for the investor visa.)

Not necessarily property in Argentina, just using money sitting in a bank (collecting next to nothing in interest) to create monthly cash flow.

You are correct most apartments or houses don't qualify. Our property does however as two of the three units have been on the short term rental program, and create jobs in Bariloche.

steveinbsas said:
But I would suggest "investing" in an annuity from real financial institution rather than a "trusted" friend.
It is near impossible to find a off-the-shelf annuity that meets the needs of the visa in terms of duration. Hence the need for a bespoke contract with a trusted counterparty.

gunt86 said:
It is near impossible to find a off-the-shelf annuity that meets the needs of the visa in terms of duration. Hence the need for a bespoke contract with a trusted counterparty.

I doubt that many (if any) expats will actually go this route.

Just living in Argentina has enough risks.

Why add more?

qwerty said:
So why buy a home?

To save as well as make money and have a place to live...all at the same time.

I do not perceive home ownership in Argentina (especially with permanent residency and the DNI) to be a serious risk. I am not worried at all about the government seizing my property, nor am I concerned with loss of value.

steveinbsas said:
To save as well as make money and have a place to live...all at the same time.

I do not perceive home ownership in Argentina (especially with permanent residency and the DNI) to be a serious risk. I am not worried at all about the government seizing my property, nor am I concerned with loss of value.

First you say that you shouldn't residency and now you want someone to buy a home and get residency.

Which one it is?

Hello people im from the netherlands and im leaving to go live in buenos aires.
I just read something about rentista, what does it mean, rentista.
And im coming with a tourist visa in the hope i will find a job.
Any information is welcome to help me the right way?
Thanks,

argentina said:
Hello people im from the netherlands and im leaving to go live in buenos aires.
I just read something about rentista, what does it mean, rentista.
And im coming with a tourist visa in the hope i will find a job.
Any information is welcome to help me the right way?
Thanks,

A a visa rentista allows you to live here legally year round, but it also requires that you have a foreign income of $2000 per month while you are living in Argentina. The word "rentista" applies to "rentas" or payments and does not necessarily mean rental income from properties.

Ironically, once the visa is granted you can look for a job (and be legally employed).

A work visa is only granted when an Argentine company that is registered with migraciones to hire foreigners offers you a job that an Argentine cannot perform.

With the exception of teaching English, finding work with a tourist visa is almost impossible.

not that i suggest anyone do this but I wonder if anyone in this forum or is it common in S.america to get married an argentinian, etc citizen for a cash sum in order to get residency? a friend of mine married to a brasillian/uruguay lady in order to get residency last year. lucky for him lady turned out to be a wonderful person. I became a RSA citizen 2-3 years ago after marrying a Boer girl who was desperate for cash

As far as I know you can't live in Brasil if you are not married to a Brazilian(it's atleast really difficult) so arranged marriage do happen there.

Back