Shoot out in the barrio q loco

Now I got the whole picture seems the police where not using real ammo which would explain all the screaming as I am sure that would hurt like hell. Man now all the creeps know the police may not really be fully armed. Wonderful.

Doesn't sound like fun but still consider Buenos Aires relatively safe. Fortunately there aren't many guns in Argentina compared to the USA where tons of people carry around guns in many states. I've been in rush hour traffic before and seen disputes where people pull out guns.

Doesn't sound like fun but still consider Buenos Aires relatively safe. Fortunately there aren't many guns in Argentina compared to the USA where tons of people carry around guns in many states. I've been in rush hour traffic before and seen disputes where people pull out guns.

No kidding eh, I have seen that too in LA years ago. Seen to much of it in US but never lasted long. This went on for sometime the fake ammo explains that. All those rounds going off I was thinking damn it is really going down over there. Had the police been using real ammo I am sure it would been a much shorter length of time in the confrontation.

Those boys got lucky because shortly after the special teams showed up they have automatic weapons and I am sure those do not have fake ammo.

No kidding eh, I have seen that too in LA years ago. Seen to much of it in US but never lasted long. This went on for sometime the fake ammo explains that. All those rounds going off I was thinking damn it is really going down over there. Had the police been using real ammo I am sure it would been a much shorter length of time in the confrontation.

Those boys got lucky because shortly after the special teams showed up they have automatic weapons and I am sure those do not have fake ammo.

Yes, I've seen it in Texas before where people can carry concealed weapons and many people carry around guns in their cars. Once this guy cut me off and I honked at him angrily and he flashed a pistol. We're really lucky the gun laws are so strict in Argentina. Can you imagine with all the horrible drivers how out of hand things would be if they allowed concealed weapons???!

Cue Texas in the 80s when I lived there. Huge percentage of pick ups with gun racks and rampant freeway shooting episodes.

Sorry you had to go through that, it can be quite traumatic. I still agree though that in general Argentina is safe. The most dangerous thing about Argentina is the women. One must excersize extreme caution with them.

I will admit that most Argentine men walk the country with a facial expression that makes me wonder whether they're pissed off, confused, or their faces are just naturally like that, but once you scratch the surface I've found Argentine men to be gentle, soft & overall pleasant to be around. For this reason I don't think it ever has been or ever will be a violent country. When I was with my Brazilian ex and she'd say "let's go out drinking with my friends/family" I'd have to kindly invent ways to basically say "wait.... let's talk about this first, who are they, what do they do professionally, etc". Never had that problem in Argentina.

All that and these boys are already back out on the street. Word is they got busted for robbing an elderly woman and they were on drugs when they got nabbed.

Back