Shopping And Tango (Ha! What Else? But Of Course ;)

Cialu

Registered
I am not posting this in culture because don't know if shopping qualifies as such and because my question is more women-specific ;)

I am an american woman, 35yo, and am traveling to BA in March to dance, experience a new culture and have a good vacation. I very much hope to meet new people and make friends as well. I've posted in 'newcomers' forum' to get some interested people together to hang out some evenings or weekends, i do find it's more fun to travel/do things in groups of like minded individuals.

So, #1. Shopping. I'll be doing some, would love company on a San Telmo or a Palermo Soho shopping tour with me. Let me know if you'd like to join in, feel free to message directly, etc. We all have different tastes in fashion; if you happen to be a kind soul and share your secret shop with us here - fantastic! Anything quality but not boring, stylilsh not trendy, beautiful not oversexed, and kinky edgy but not in your face avant garde would be superb! (eg. from what i like: Cop Copine, Joseph, Reiss, Whistles, Karen Millen)

#2. Tango. I've read books and guides, incl 'Sally's happy tango" and 'tango lover's guide to dancing in BA' and many guidebooks, i've asked local friends, and browsed this forum and many blogs. They all contradict each other and it is impossible for me to form a cohesive picture. Information does not match. My hope is to make good choices, given my limited time here; out of 10+ milongas each day, to go to 1 and enjoy it. I would be very grateful for any of your suggestions; i'm asking here as well given that here we are mostly non-portenas and thus possibly may have similar experience in beginning. I prefer milonguero salon style dancing, can follow reasonably well to good, and respect the codigos; my ideal/reference is 40-50s musicality and improvisation.

So, those of you who dance: could you please share your view about:
-men who dance well go to ?? (ie musically, with rhythm, 'golden age' like) (obviously, i'm asking re men who can dance and do dance, not famous milongueros viejos who come for company and watch)

-where would those men be more likely to invite a stranger?

-earlier milongas for older style milonguero dancing/more invitations - is it always true?

- particular recomendations per day?

I'm up for San Telmo or Soho shopping! I'll be in BA March 7 -17. What neighborhood are you staying in? I'm apartment hunting right now.

I'm up for San Telmo or Soho shopping! I'll be in BA March 7 -17. What neighborhood are you staying in? I'm apartment hunting right now.
Hey , that's great! I'll be in Balvanera , but the usual recomendation is Recoleta/Palermo for safety and fun.

Back