Shopping for sandals...

mar28

Registered
Hi! I am new to BA and am looking to buy a nice pair of sandals (not flip flops). I tried yesterday around Santa Fe & Puerreydon, but in all the shops the fits are weird (tiny toe and huge ankle strap, or the reverse). Plus, I have noticed in many smaller shops that the inventory seems to be dirty - even what's coming out of the box. These are places where prices are roughly $50-80 USD or $200-300 pesos

Can anyone explain why the products look used? Where can I find things that fit well? Is the area where I looked more of an outlet area? How much do I need to spend to get comfortable sandals that fit well?

There is an outlet of good quality shoes in Recoleta. Prego, at Avenida Callao 1700... The place is tiny and sometimes a little messy, but you will find good leather, comfortables shoes there.

You can find good sales at Avenida Alvear shoe stores. i dont know about your budget!

I can't speak to why the places you went gave you dirty shoes out of the box, that's never happened to me.

There are several shopping areas where you should be able to find some sandals that you like. Santa Fe further up towards Alto Palermo (S.Fe and Colniel Diaz) should have some stores that you could start checking in--all along Santa Fe and in the mall.

I bought a great pair of sandals (around $300 pesos) at a store called Mary and Joe (it's a chain, so there are various branches around the city) on Thames and Honduras in Palermo Soho (nearish to Pza Serrano). They are a very cute wedge, *extremely* comfortable, and have held up to near daily wear (ok, well, when it's warm outside) for well over a year (sadly, that's saying something about some other shoes I've bought here).

There is also a shoe store that carries some cute pairs called Corre Lola. I've only been to their shop at 4691 Niceto Vega, but learned from their website that they have some other branches too (www.correlola.com.ar). Their stuff is cute and comfy (I've bought two pairs) but doesn't hold up quite as well in my experience.

Good luck! :)

I'd expect to pay around $300 pesos and up for a quality pair of sandals that will last and be comfy.

Interesting...I tried Mary & Joe and they were one of the places where I was having problems. I guess I will keep looking!

Back