shopping in BA? american products that i need

You can find those articles or similar in Pharmacity. Opens 24 hs I think. There is one in every neighbourhood. Good Luck!

Most of those things you will find at Pharamcity, a big pharmacy chain. Some are probably just not available here. Stick deodorants are not common here, most men use Axe or something similar. Rogain should be available at any decent pharmacy without a prescription.

Good luck

Degree is Rexona here. A lot of brands are the same as they are in the US. For example Ala is Tide, Dove exists here, Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, etc. My husband uses Old spice - it comes in a stick here. What I would bring with you, like the others have said, anything that requires a prescription - maybe Rogain or is herbal. Farmacity is kind of expensive but is like a Walgreens/CVS/Duane Reade.
FYI - If you are looking for otc hair dye they do carry Garnier but not really any other brand familiar in the US.
This might be helpful as well:
http://www.seashellsandsunflowers.com/2010/08/product-branding-in-argentina.html

Rogaine is minoxidil @2% , it can be replaced by YLOX LOCION, same stuff.
I'm quite sure there's a shampoo with the properties of the one you use en Argentina,
see a dermatologist in BA and get all what you need with a proper prescription.
NIVEA SPORT body wash is good and it's antibacterial.

What is so expensive? You will spend US$ 10 more every 3 months than in the US for all the goodies u need!

It is always hard for me to tell on these forums how expensive things really are there. I am moving there in about 6 months and have family who do a lot of shopping when they go to the U.S. A few years ago, I bought several shirts there at a cheap 15 peso shop and still use them. A pair of pants from Zara there are also still part of my wardrobe and bath items I bought at Christmas last year there were pretty nice, not exceptional, but nice and I didn't spend much. Of course, maybe I am frugal in the U.S. anyways and not the best person for comparision. It is hard to imagine things have really changed that drastically but people here seem to think it is necessary to haul suitcases full of items from elsewhere. So a question for the girls, what items do you feel are really worth bringing from home?

What's worth bringing? Not available: Maple syrup, spicy foods like chili mix, step-down transformers, latest books, and various ethnic foods (if there are a few that you absolutely love bring as much dried/canned as you can).

Significantly cheaper in the US: small electronics and designer clothing

By the way, I like the German deodorant Fa, its available at many but not all pharmacies.

What's worth bringing down? Any thing you love and would miss if you didn't have. Things that make you feel comfortable, when you're not in your familiar world.
Nancy

Back