Shortages and disappearing goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyliving

Registered
As the economy here continues to contract and imports are almost frozen, it would be helpful if anyone notices things starting to be in short supply. Letting everyone know so they can make sure they don't run out would be a big help. This includes basics, luxuries and unusual imported goods.

This week we see shortages of milk as the dairy industry is seeking wage increases.

Also noticed: dishwasher powder is almost gone as it is imported. Perhaps a domestic company will start producing as it is a very simple formulation although a small niche market here.

Computer printers are available but stock is limited as many people are working from home.

Anyone notice other things missing? Let's keep this updated...

Seemingly from one week to the next, I cannot find packets of ready-made spaghetti sauce (ie - Knorr salsa filetto lista). At one point, there were a few, but only the pizza sauce flavor. Now the closest thing that I have found are boxes of puré de tomate (as in, you will have to add your own herbs and spices to flavor it)... what gives?

Centrum vitamins disappeared a few months ago. I use an Argentine product now.

• Nespresso is running out / has run out of a lot of their range.
  • Apparently, Juvaderm is running low or out of price league for most clinics now.
  • Eggs seem to be hit and miss, especially brown eggs.
  • Pomelo juice seems to only be in stock some days of the week.
  • Icing Sugar (Azucar Impalpable) has been unusually difficult to find.
  • Hot and Spicy Doritos have been M.I.A for more than a month it seems.

Can I still buy lavazza from Jumbo? I haven't been to town yet to see if they have it.

everything I need is available on Mercado Libre or Jumbo ( Palermo)..at Bulrich y cerviño. I have yet to see any shortage.

Yesterday ground hamburger at Coto's meat section on French was not to be found. Also not available until 'tomorrow' at a small carniceria near by. But ground hamburger available elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back