Should I Start Fresh With My Other Passport?

LOL love the varied opinions. I went to Migraciones website re: getting my visa renewed before the end of this month (upcoming expiration date of current stamp) and couldn't find the area in the Tramites section which applies to me so I could make the appointment. I know I've been her awhile but I feel like a total dunce. Can anyone point me to the correct page via link??

Please advise me where I can get fingerprints taken for the FBI background check. I'm here in BsAs.

just use your US and EU passport alternately!

Though they can track your overstay in Arg by more sophisticated means..but obviosly the first indicator is the name and passport associated with it.

Last time I entered in Argentina I was using my new passport, and I could see the screen of the immigration lady showing also the previous pictures of me they took in the past. I am almost certain she entered into the system that I was the same person (she linked my old passport to my new passport or something like this). There was sort of a manual "confirmation" on screen required upon comparison of the pics. Basically the lady clicked to confirm that it was me in all of the photos they had.

These were pics taken at the entry points, not the ones in my passport.

Last time I entered in Argentina I was using my new passport, and I could see the screen of the immigration lady showing also the previous pictures of me they took in the past. I am almost certain she entered into the system that I was the same person (she linked my old passport to my new passport or something like this). There was sort of a manual "confirmation" on screen required upon comparison of the pics. Basically the lady clicked to confirm that it was me in all of the photos they had.

These were pics taken at the entry points, not the ones in my passport.

Creepy! How smart of you to check out the screen; I always feel like I need to keep eyes averted and hope that I haven't done anything to merit being hauled out of line....

Creepy! How smart of you to check out the screen; I always feel like I need to keep eyes averted and hope that I haven't done anything to merit being hauled out of line....

Well, in the US they have mirror-like protector over their screens. I guess here they would have to import them. Too bad. :D

I don't know if they run a search through my fingerprints or my surname.

The trick is to use the reflection off the glass behind the person at the counter (usually they are enclosed in a glass box), rather than try to see the screen directly.

Back