Should Prostitution Be Made Illegal In Argentina?

Should Prostitution be Criminalized in Argentina?

• Yes, make prostitution illegal

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • No, do NOT criminalize prostitution

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Forgive me if i misunderstood your second poind nikad,but my interpretation is that as long as the deal is between two consenting adults there is absolutely no problem; on that concept, i am lead to understand that what you are saying is that a drug deal between an adult drug dealer and an adult customer is legal but the drug dealer should end up in jail because they are drug dealers....im not a drug dealer btw loool

No need to split hairs. Basically, if two consenting adults want to have sex and one receives payment, let them be. Another thing are pimps that abuse sexual workers.

To be fair the economic benefit of a third party through exploitation is clear enough.

Is it exploitation? I admit that pimps absolutely exploit the women that use as prostitutes. However in professional salons in countries where it's legalized it's not considered exploitation. The women that work there are employees and they have a work contract like with any other job. That's why they should legalize it and set-up legalized brothels where there are security cameras, work contracts, possibly health benefits, and no one is exploiting or abusing anybody.

Argentines don't take crap from no one. (employer or client). They are not desperate.
(Thanks to Cristina's hand outs .. [good or bad] .. any Argentine can sit home on his/her ars sipping mate BBQing asado)

(The endangered are the one's trafficked from other countries .. subjected to exploitation, withholding their passports, etc etc .. )

I'm still confused as to whether it's legal or not ????

Little volantes they hand out on the streets refer to some Bs. As. Gov. law ... to the effect that it's prohibited to minors and in public places.
For me, it implies that there exists LAWs governing women to solicit in private not in public (no pimps ... goes without saying)

Argentines don't take crap from no one. (employer or client). They are not desperate.
(Thanks to Cristina's hand outs .. [good or bad] .. any Argentine can sit home on his/her ars sipping mate BBQing asado)

(The endangered are the one's trafficked from other countries .. subjected to exploitation, withholding their passports, etc etc .. )

I'm still confused as to whether it's legal or not ????

Little volantes they hand out on the streets refer to some Bs. As. Gov. law ... to the effect that it's prohibited to minors and in public places.
For me, it implies that there exists LAWs governing women to solicit in private not in public (no pimps ... goes without saying)

There is in fact a law about prostitution but I can't remember the exact code and number. It's not illegal, but it's not technically illegal. It's like I stated earlier, it's like a traffic violation. That being said, it's pimps are illegal since they often exploit kidnapped and or underage girls brought to Buenos Aires. Even the brothels with women that are willingly working there, is in fact illegal as well. They will try to shut the establishment down, but they won't arrest the women working there.

http://www.diaadia.com.ar/argentina/ejercer-prostitucion-ambito-privado-no-es-ilegal

Un fallo de la Cámara del Crimen de Buenos Aires reiteró que la prostitución ejercida voluntariamente por una persona en un ámbito privado es una actividad lícita, siempre y cuando no haya trata ni explotación de personas.

http://www.diaadia.c...do-no-es-ilegal

Un fallo de la Cámara del Crimen de Buenos Aires reiteró que la prostitución ejercida voluntariamente por una persona en un ámbito privado es una actividad lícita, siempre y cuando no haya trata ni explotación de personas.

My Spanish has a lot to be desired.

Would this be a correct translation: .... LEGAL for individual voluntary personal independent freelance use. (no employer)

EDIT:
Now I read it as: even employer is OK (LEGAL) .. as long as there are no exploitation.

My Spanish has a lot to be desired.

Would this be a correct translation: .... LEGAL for individual voluntary personal independent freelance use. (no employer)

EDIT:
Now I read it as: even employer is OK (LEGAL) .. as long as there are no exploitation.

It's basically says that anyone voluntarily practicing prostitution in a private place is legal, if and when there's no mistreatment of people or exploitation. In other words, you can work as a prostitute in the privacy of your home or your client's home. I'm not sure a hotel counts as a private area, but the hotel would never say anything.

Back