Should you renew residency before applying for citizenship at year 2?

Can anyone with a work visa comment on what types of checks are done through the year and also during the renewal process?

Can anyone with a work visa comment on what types of checks are done through the year and also during the renewal process?
Before the pandemic, when office work was normal, immigration people came by the company I was working at to see which foreigners were working there, and had a 10-15 min interview with each of us. Nothing nasty or even impolite, but they wanted to see the documentation.

Also, they came by the accounting company that manages my salary and tax here to check the documentation and see that I was signing for my salary receipts (haven't done that in a while, actually, now, need to catch up I guess).

Before the pandemic, when office work was normal, immigration people came by the company I was working at to see which foreigners were working there, and had a 10-15 min interview with each of us. Nothing nasty or even impolite, but they wanted to see the documentation.

Also, they came by the accounting company that manages my salary and tax here to check the documentation and see that I was signing for my salary receipts (haven't done that in a while, actually, now, need to catch up I guess).
Excellent info. Thanks.

i work for an oil and gas major, i have zero clue if they ever check on anything related to me. if they do i am never aware of it.

They do inspections at your work, they ask for the recibos de sueldo and they ask for a new contract and RNR every year.
They are doing it again since July 2021z

i work for an oil and gas major, i have zero clue if they ever check on anything related to me. if they do i am never aware of it.
Ask a vista of your file (means your file en PDF in a pendrive) and find out.

i don't really care either way. my company is responsible for handling everything for me.
If anything every goes wrong, Migraciones won't take it up with your company, they'll take it up with you. Just saying... I've been given incorrect information by my company here (or their visa facilitator), and if I'd followed it I would not have been able to return to Argentina after a holiday.

again, it's their responsibility to deal with it and provide me the visa/residency to be here. if they block me out of the country for example, then i will return when they fix it. that's part of the arrangement. i'm not going to waste my time myself trying to follow everything, get documents, figure out the process, etc.

It's becoming quite obvious that I may have to take the undesirable route of applying after 1 year because I don't have a path to renew residency. That would be a bummer. It's always mentioned here but there aren't any actual results visible. Only comments that it will take about 7000 years to succeed.

Or maybe I'll eventually have to abandon this half thought out plan.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to call my racist family and yell at them for not having sex and producing kids with non Americans.

Back