Since No One Else Is Doing It, We Need To Open A.....

Buenos Aires please god does not need any more Americanisation....... Leave it be!!! Starbucks and Macdonalds already leave an ugly blot on many streets.

McDonald's seems to do pretty well here. And Burger King. You couldn't get me to eat anything "McDonald's" but I have a friend who likes the "American coffee" as she calls it, so I go there with her. Sometimes it's hard to find a table. I know you guys don't like the pizza and I'm not sure why. My nephew visited and I took him to my favorite place fpr [ozza and he thought it better than Pizza Hut. I'm not so hard to please though so maybe he isn't either.

We need a 24 hour dinner like IHOP or Denny's .

Breakfast_Combos.png

For Some reason USA food Franchises are successful around the world. Can somebody mention a Canadian, Australian, or European Food Franchise successful in South America??? Can remember the Pain something from Belguim or L'Epi, Wiener Schnitzel from years ago

We need a 24 hour dinner like IHOP or Denny's .

Breakfast_Combos.png

For Some reason USA food Franchises are successful around the world. Can somebody mention a Canadian, Australian, or European Food Franchise successful in South America??? Can remember the Pain something from Belguim or L'Epi, Wiener Schnitzel from years ago

I think that its more of an American tradition to franchise restaurants, at least it started earlier in the US than it did in Europe and now in Europe most of them copied the American way of franchising. So maybe the ones from the US simply started earlier with expanding to other continents. Most of the cafés in BsAs look like the ones youll find in Spain and Italy, and there are a lot. The style was imported just like McDonalds, but theyre all independent bussinesses.

Argentines LOVE anything international (including American). Its why franchises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Burger King are such a hit, despite being very expensive comparative to local wages. Subway is starting to make in roads (there are now atleast 2 up in Tucuman as well that I noticed have popped up recently, in San Miguel and in Yerba Buena). Isnt KFC coming to Alto Palermo soon as well?

Don't forget TGIF.... in Alto Palermo....!! for spare ribs in BBQ sauce

Don't forget if you import all those wonderful gifts to cuisine from America you're also going to have to import electric scooter chairs to haul your fat asses around.

Fortunately, the sidewalks here will mean you can't leave your homes.

Don't forget TGIF.... in Alto Palermo....!! for spare ribs in BBQ sauce
Thanks Rich One. I'm not at all a food person but lately I've been missing some of the tastes of food back home. I just looked at TGIF's menu saw a lot of my favorites. I'll be visiting there in the next week or so.

Actually it's an excellent idea but to sell donuts making dough, you can't be nuts.

I'm sure that on this forum we are like 50 more or less active members who know how to cook well 5 specialties from their home country. Those specialties can be marketed and sold. Would be fun to launch a small shop (with a business including 50 associates, how to deal with that regarding assemblies/boards and such, lol?) in Palermo/Recoleta selling such 250 products (from different countries, all home-made, etc.).

I guess that with 150.000 pesos you can open a really nice small shop (50 partners investing 3000 pesos each = highly doable).

If that's succesful, more shops can be opened (model can even be exported) then it's possible to make a solid income (hiring people = different stuff though but if there's good moneys to be made, why not).

There are many things to do in Argentina and that would create local jobs too.

Main arguments against is that Argentineans are quite conservative with food in my opinion (what "exotic" products Argentineans would buy?) + difficulty to organize the whole project (was not done before, safety, organization, etc.).

PS: I can cook really decent French stuff and I love cooking

Back