Since No One Else Is Doing It, We Need To Open A.....

Actually it's an excellent idea but to sell donuts making dough, you can't be nuts.

I'm sure that on this forum we are like 50 more or less active members who know how to cook well 5 specialties from their home country. Those specialties can be marketed and sold. Would be fun to launch a small shop (with a business including 50 associates, how to deal with that regarding assemblies/boards and such, lol?) in Palermo/Recoleta selling such 250 products (from different countries, all home-made, etc.).

I guess that with 150.000 pesos you can open a really nice small shop (50 partners investing 3000 pesos each = highly doable).

If that's succesful, more shops can be opened (model can even be exported) then it's possible to make a solid income (hiring people = different stuff though but if there's good moneys to be made, why not).

There are many things to do in Argentina and that would create local jobs too.

Main arguments against is that Argentineans are quite conservative with food in my opinion (what "exotic" products Argentineans would buy?) + difficulty to organize the whole project (was not done before, safety, organization, etc.).

PS: I can cook really decent French stuff and I love cooking

Hello frenchie-San, You mentioned above around $3000 Pesos? each to invest? That's is very miniscle amount to invest.! If true Iam in
and I can take care of Japanese Cuisine section.! I do all my daily meal cooking myself. I love to cook me a different Dish every day for Dinner..So when do we start.?

Actually it's an excellent idea but to sell donuts making dough, you can't be nuts.

I'm sure that on this forum we are like 50 more or less active members who know how to cook well 5 specialties from their home country. Those specialties can be marketed and sold. Would be fun to launch a small shop (with a business including 50 associates, how to deal with that regarding assemblies/boards and such, lol?) in Palermo/Recoleta selling such 250 products (from different countries, all home-made, etc.).

I guess that with 150.000 pesos you can open a really nice small shop (50 partners investing 3000 pesos each = highly doable).

If that's succesful, more shops can be opened (model can even be exported) then it's possible to make a solid income (hiring people = different stuff though but if there's good moneys to be made, why not).

There are many things to do in Argentina and that would create local jobs too.

Main arguments against is that Argentineans are quite conservative with food in my opinion (what "exotic" products Argentineans would buy?) + difficulty to organize the whole project (was not done before, safety, organization, etc.).

PS: I can cook really decent French stuff and I love cooking

With all due respect a place with 250 products makes little sense...!! Just offer a good Bouillabaisse a huge Choucroute Garnie with plenty of Mutard de Meaux...!! and country bread. Something simple like Troisgross in Lyon. :D and a good Chateauneuf du Pape. Bon Apetit.

bouillabaisse.jpg

a-huge-choucroute-garnie.jpg

bread2.jpg

Hello frenchie-San, You mentioned above around $3000 Pesos? each to invest? That's is very miniscle amount to invest.! If true Iam in
and I can take care of Japanese Cuisine section.! I do all my daily meal cooking myself. I love to cook me a different Dish every day for Dinner..So when do we start.?

Me think that it will never start... Too bad though

And regarding myself, I just want to cook (already have a job I like). But among 50 expats we can sure find the right people to manage the thing

A friend of mine, retired and went to live in Peru,Lima..Opened a "Polleria"a Chicken Barb-Que place with less than US$30k and now he has opened his 3rd Restaurants..Saz, Business very good, is making a killing! But only less than US$30k to open a place is unheard of or not possible in the Modern World..Too little of cash amount to invest, but it seems over there in South America, things cost less for investors to pour a little Money and make a decent return.! How much money is needed in BsAs in order to open a maison Japonaise de Sushi.?
Approx fig will do..

We need a 24 hour dinner like IHOP or Denny's .

Breakfast_Combos.png

Dear God, you are RIGHT! I recently got back from the US after about 18 days of vacation. And you know what? I must confess that on 4 of those 18 days, I went to IHOP (it would have been 5, but there was a 25 minute wait at one point, and gosh darn it, I needed my maple syrup fix NOW!).

I have always loved breakfast foods that are basically just carbs- pancakes, waffles, French toast, etc. I seriously feel that I need to reemphasize that I am pregnant, I am not a compulsive/emotional over eater and am not a "foodie," or I know I'm going to come off as very, very odd.

Anyways!... FYI, if you only order pancakes at IHOP (as opposed to an additional side of ham or eggs), a Bottomless Stack of Buttermilk Pancakes is all of US$4.99. Refills are free. These were also the same prices from my last trip back a year ago, mind you, and the novelty just never wore off during the duration of my stay. At one point, I went with some friends of mine, who seriously must have thought that I've been in a prison or living under a rock considering how freaking enthusiastic I was to go there.

Cafe con leche and medialunas are fine and dandy, but it gets pretty old, and people here just aren't breakfast eaters. I do appreciate a well-cooked meal with quality ingredients and presentation, but sometimes, if all you want is IHOP pancakes, there is no bife de lomo or Mendoza wine or anything else that will do. The heart wants what it wants!

I'm going into BsAs this weekend to check out the TGI Fridays. It'd be great if any of you baexpat folks can stop by and say hello.

OK, so I'm writing here as the thread I tried to open has gone to the mods (maybe they don't like chicken or are worried for your health).

KFC and Wendy's opened today in Alto Palermo. I know that probably means nothing to people who are travelling through, but for someone who's been here a long, long time, I'm off for a bucket.

Ooo, could you post about KFC and if it was good? I *just* heard that it was opening today. I was thinking of heading there tonight:)

Back