Skype And Possible Solutions

estebandepraga

Registered
Dear All,
Maybe some of you have an answer to this....
I can hear perfectly well when I receive skype calls but for all but a few, when I speak the other side can not hear me.
As said, I can make a call and speak well then the next call either to another skype user or to a telphone no one hears me so I know it is not the mike although when I did the sound test and recorded a message, I couldn't hear my voice.
Can any one give me any thoughts of what to do??
Many thanks,
Esteban

I think you answered your question. When you did the sound test and recorded a message you could not hear it. The issue is either with your headset/mic or your pc mic - whichever one you use.

could also be upstream bandwidth, i can often hear the other side but they can't hear me when my upstream is badly saturated. (i.e. bittorrent, file uploads etc.)

My 2 cents, when I make a call to some countries, and the other person answers at the first ring, they can't hear my voice. However if they wait for 4 or more rings , no problem...!

I would try the following
  • reboot the system
  • if it's an external mic, wiggle the connectors
  • if it's a Windows PC ... on Win 7 in Accessories there a Sound Recorder app which shows the sound level
Good Luck, Bob

windows recently did an update on my computer and skype has not worked properly since. I read that many people having same issue. I can use skype from my tablet and still works fine but forget trying on my laptop.

windows recently did an update on my computer and skype has not worked properly since. I read that many people having same issue. I can use skype from my tablet and still works fine but forget trying on my laptop.

The fuckers also managed to update my skype to some horrible white abomination a while back even after i told them never to update skype, i reinstalled the old version from skype themselves.

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.21.0.104.msi
Wish they never stopped the nice simple old versions from working.

I've never had a problem calling computer-to-computer with Skype until recently. Now, more often than not, I don't get the little green symbol next to the names of any of my contacts, meaning that I can call their phones but can't skype their computers. Any ideas why this is happening? I have the same Fibertel wifi connection that I've had for several years.

thanks to all
i'm still not sure what is going on
thats why i bought a llamada directa card!
cheers
esteban

I haven't had any issues with Skype. The only time I can't hear or they can't hear me is when my mom forgets to turn her headset on. :p

When you did the sound test you couldn't hear your voice? I'd look into your microphone settings... maybe something is conflicting or not saving right.
When you go into Skype Audio Settings does the microphone volume bar move when you speak? It could be that it's picking up sound and is just very faint or none at all.

Try checking (or unchecking) the box that says Automatically adjust microphone settings. The test call should always work.

Back