Skype And Possible Solutions

Same thing happens to me. What I have found is you need to log out of Skype and log back in and voila - problem goes away.

The quality of Skype has seriously gone downhill since Microsoft acquired it.

I agree - Skype has been sucking! I have a US number on it for work and my calls have gotten progressively harder to make. I can hear them but they can't hear me, my voicemail doesn't pick up for some calls and does for others, it doesn't work at all from my cell phone, etc. I'm going to look into another option....

My Skype is working ok so far - even with the updates. Sometimes I do have bandwidth problems but that isn't Skype's fault.

Like was mentioned above, if you do the sound test what happens with the green bar? Do you see it moving?

dear all
just to thank you and say i resolved the problem up to a point not perfect but better
gracias

My 2 cents, when I make a call to some countries, and the other person answers at the first ring, they can't hear my voice. However if they wait for 4 or more rings , no problem...!

I Never use WiFi with skype also always call land lines or cell phones rarely Skype to Skype...!! Subscribe to Skype world Plan

i have been using magic jack app ( in combination with Pingo.com) to call world wide for past many years with zero problems.

Lately, I have added personal Black plan and Viber/Line to my cell phone to be even better.

I rarely use Skype.

I use Skype for international meetings and messaging. I've had problems in the past with people not being able to hear me. I can't remember the exact steps in Windows (7 at least, never used Skype with 8 - I hate 8), but it had to do with one of the settings for the microphone not being correct in Windows itself (Control Panel->Sounds).

Other than that, like others, sometimes closing it and re-opening it will help.

That's assuming it isn't a problem with your mic itself.

And I agree that Skype went downhill when MS bought it, I was quite dismayed. Lot of lost line quality and weird things happening here and there. It has gotten quite a bit better, but now every time I get an update I have a weird issue with the login screen.

I also use Vonage quite a bit. I have 0 problems with Vonage (aside from internet issues here and there which I haven't had in quite a while). If I were living in the States, I'm not even sure if I'd buy a regular phone service. Only problem is you need to bring it from home...can't get it here.

Use Google Hangouts. It is better than Skype - you can also control the bandwidth for video (less resolution means it will work most of the time). Also with Google Hangouts you can call US and Canadian personal phone numbers for free. Good if you need to call family and friends there who don't use Skype. I also find that many people have iPhones in the US and Canada. You can call on FaceTime for free. It works so much better than Skype.

I am perplexed that people still use that hacker/malware magnet of a program called Skype. Google Hangouts is much more efficient, secure and has a much smaller footprint than Skype.

Use Google Hangouts. It is better than Skype - you can also control the bandwidth for video (less resolution means it will work most of the time). Also with Google Hangouts you can call US and Canadian personal phone numbers for free. Good if you need to call family and friends there who don't use Skype. I also find that many people have iPhones in the US and Canada. You can call on FaceTime for free. It works so much better than Skype.

Calls to phones are free..? or just first minute

Almost all calls to the U.S. and Canada are free from all countries where Hangouts calling is available. A few U.S. and Canadian destinations will cost USD 1 cent per minute depending on the specific phone number. The 1-cent rate may vary depending on the local currency. You can look up the cost through the calling credit page for your Google Account. You also can make calls to destinations outside of the U.S. and Canada with low international rates.
Calling isn't available from some countries, such as Mexico and Argentina. Learn more about where calling is available.

https://support.goog...r/3187125?hl=en

Back