Skype Interview - Fast Internet Connection In Quiet Place?

volver

Registered
Hi all,

I'm supposed to have a job interview over skype in a few days and the internet connection at home is too slow for video-call. Thus, I'm trying to find out super quiet places with very fast and reliable internet connections. Any tips?

Has anyone tried with shared work places such as workstation or urbanstation before? Do these two still exist? Can I use them for half a day only?

The interivew will be at 9am (Buenos Aires time) and shoudl last for about one hour. I'm a bit nervious because 9am is a very busy time.....

Any advice is very welcome!

Thank you!

A lot of hotels have business centers with highspeed connection. You could start there

I used to go to Urban Station in Palermo to work when I lived around the corner in a horrible apartment that I needed to get out of for a few hours a day at least. The internet connection was good and reliable, though it can be noisy (Argentines don't seem to do diligently working away quietly and like to have loud conversations on their mobiles whilst stood right behind you, or chat to other people there). I'd usually end up wearing headphones just to keep the noise out. They do have a meeting room upstairs that you could use though, which would be a bit more expensive but possibly worth it for the quiet and privacy. I visited Area Tres to see about hiring a desk, but the cost was prohibitive, though they also have meeting rooms so it be worth comparing the costs of both.

Good luck with the interview!

Thank you!!

Urban station opens at 9am...that´s too late because my interview should start at 9 sharp. I just called areatres and booked a meeting room, but I realise it´s too far from downtown and I would arrive too late at my current job....

Do you know any other similar places closer to Puerto Madero/Retiro? Can you recommend any of the hotels with business centers? Sometimes even the fancy hotels have bad wifi connections....so advice on this is highly appreciated!

My guess is that The Hilton woould have good WiFi.

And there are several "NH" hotels within walking distance of the Plaza de Mayo that should have good WiFi.

On Diagonal Norte there is a fairly large modern hotel called "725..." That is both it's address and the name of the hotel.

And the Hotel Panamericana on 9 de Julio & Lavalle should have good WiFi given that it's such a massive business traveler hotel.

Ah yes, that was the other thing that annoyed me with Urban Station and AreaTres as I'd start working between 6am-7am (working on European time) so not having access to these places out of hours meant that I'd be about three hours into my working day before I could go there, and at the prices AreaTres were charging back then I'd have expected 24 hour access. This is why I stopped going once we moved to a better apartment as it was too much of a pain to stop and start again, so it was back to plodding away on my own again. I think one of the big hotels is your best bet, I had a few occasions when either the internet was down or we had no electricity and I'd need to email things to clients in Europe early in the morning and it was a nightmare trying to find even a cafe with wifi that was open early in the morning (in Palermo at least). Try to ensure you test the connection in advance though, and if possible at around the same time of day that you'll need it so you know who will be around to help if there are any issues with the connection.

I notice the UrbanStations outside BsAs open at 8 - better work ethic in Mendoza and Pilar?! :p

Thank you all for the tips! I'll let you know how things went after the interview is over :)

I know it's been a long time since you post but did you end up finding a place with reliable internet?

I'm also looking for a private space to skype with clients.

Also does anyone know what is the fastest internet speed available for an apartment?

I think that depends on what you want to spend. I'm sure if you want you could get some 50Mbit/s but if you just want to stick with basic consumer products a number of us have fibertel's evolution service

IMG_2473.PNG

Back