"Smash and Grab" and rising Palermo Soho Crime

esllou said:
I wouldn't even bring a laptop INTO a cafe, nevermind outside.

I passed a couple yesterday. They were sitting outside a cafe. She had a laptop open. He had what looked like a $2-3000 SLR camera sitting up on the table while he was burrowing through his backpack under the table. There was also an iPhone up on the table somewhere.

it's like seeing somebody driving with an unrestrained child in the front seat. You want to shake them and say "do you have any concept of what you are doing??"
:rolleyes:
You forgot the idiot on the motor scooter with 2 young kids on the same seat.............No Helmets either.

ghost said:
You forgot the idiot on the motor scooter with 2 young kids on the same seat.............No Helmets either.

I saw a family of six on a scooter in Greece once. Still don't know how they did it. I think the father must have been a retired circus performer

motorcycle_pyramid.jpg

Its pretty common across Asia.

I've seen people changing tyres in the middle of the motorway. Beggars belief....

indian_family_scooter.jpg

Anyways, not much you can do about random acts of violence and robbery, not worth worrying about but its always a good idea to keep valuables out of sight and out of grasp.

jp said:
Its pretty common across Asia.

A pretty common sight also in Uruguay, where cars are fiendishly expensive, gasoline six dollars a gallon, and salaries miserly. Bricklayers are lucky to get paid fifteen dollars A DAY.

There is no safe place in Buenos Aires.
The crime is ramped and they can be vicious they are armed now more so than ever. Even if you do not wear any jewelry they will steal whatever they can get their hands on. A Peruvian woman told me “if you see some guy that are short dark, and round face they are Peruvian and 99% of the time they will be thieves”. Do not ever order deliveries from flyers; it is their way to get into your property. Keep your purse under the seat and a phony one to give the thieves; if they get nothing from you,they will shoot you.

Another tip: if you see water comming from under your door, it may be a trick for you to open the door to investigate; the same is true if you see smoke. Call 911 and the manager.

InjuredBadly said:
A Peruvian woman told me “if you see some guy that are short dark, and round face they are Peruvian and 99% of the time they will be thieves”.

Yeah and crooked nosed people are all Jews that wear gold around their necks.

InjuredBadly said:
Do not ever order deliveries from flyers; it is their way to get into your property. Keep your purse under the seat and a phony one to give the thieves; if they get nothing from you,they will shoot you.

Shit you're paranoid.

Back