So, bagels and cream cheese and pickles available!

Apparently the Bagels from SHEIKOB'S are almost like NYC, according to NewYorkers. The Bagels from MyBagel on Azcuenaga 758 need a touch, to be excellent.
What about the Lox.. any comments ?

Last edited:
I saw the huge jars of pickles at Jumbo yesterday! Thought about getting one, but was 1600 pesos and decided against it.

Also saw Philadelphia cream cheese and some other imported cheeses which I haven't seen in a long time at the Jumbo I usually go to.

Shakob's bagels have been around for a decade. At first he was making them in his kitchen and selling outside Latente Cafe on Thames but he opened the store a few years ago on Uriarte.

Their bagels are as good as it gets here but I wasn’t a fan of the cream cheese personally. I tried the plain and the chive.
It’s homemade so it wont be exactly like Philadelphia. I personally find it more delicious but that’s me. :))

that philly cream cheese is not the same as in the states. it tastes different.
As far as I am aware Philadelphia cheese is made to their formula in local factories using local ingredients so it will taste different wherever you go. Check the side of the tub to see whether your Philly was imported.

As far as I am aware Philadelphia cheese is made to their formula in local factories using local ingredients so it will taste different wherever you go. Check the side of the tub to see whether your Philly was imported.
All the philly in my local coto is from Brazil.

So, today I went to get more bagels, pickles, and cream cheese with dill. They also had jars of spicy relish, which I bought, but they don't make it. It's some brand they purchase and resell along with siracha sauce. I haven't tried the cream cheese dill yet or the relish, but I'll need to give a thumbs down to their pickles. I tested them and they went in the garbage after one bite. I guess I have never had a fermented pickle, yuck...tastes like a wet cucumber.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PatriotsFan Expat Life 6
Rich One Expat Life 32
M Newcomers Forum 31
S Expat Life 21
D Expat Life 7
Back