So I Tried To Get A Dni...

>Once I got married, it took one trip to the Immigrations office and 2 months later I had the card in the mail.<

Yes, it is same anywhere else, once you marry that target countrie's citizen, it is much easier to acquire the necessary status.
in some countries people get married just to get citizenship so goverments place controls to detect that. here is almost automatic

in some countries people get married just to get citizenship so goverments place controls to detect that. here is almost automatic

Now that you mention it, once long a go circa middle 1970 scene was N.Y.C. whilst in college, many foreign students were marrying US citizens, mostly females Americanas in order to get the permanent residency and if memory does not fail me the going rate was US$1000.00 !
..I bought me a Toyota Celica GT L/B in those days for mere US$2k so it was said, Green card very expensive to get but worth-while!
So the Ar green cards, are they much sought after from the ex-pats as well?

There are more than 9 ways to skin a cat.
There; I'm Welsh, even though i don't qualify as a native English speaker.
Mind you, it's a good day to be either Welsh or Irish :)

I'm trying to be polite here but please tell me you just didn't fly to another country, went to the criminal records
department to get yours (which would be clean of course) and then went to the immigration office and said
"I'd like to be a resident please".

Yes this is Argentina but seriously, that doesn't work anywhere unless you have a lot of money and even then
you're going to need a lot of proof so you can get elective residency.

If I was the guy at migrations I would have told you to go away too.

Also, hate to burst your bubble but you're not going to get a job teaching English that will
also give you a DNI. If you do, let the rest of us know so we can do the same.

If you don't believe what we're saying please use the following tool (as the site's search
function isn't very good)

In Google, type: site: www.baexpats.org English teacher/dni/whatever you want to know

the site: www.baexpats.org [your search inquiry] will limit it to results from BAExpats.

Long story short you have 3 main ways to get legal here:

retirement, sponsored by job or marriage. For details on each consult the government website

Now that you mention it, once long a go circa middle 1970 scene was N.Y.C. whilst in college, many foreign students were marrying US citizens, mostly females Americanas in order to get the permanent residency and if memory does not fail me the going rate was US$1000.00 !
..I bought me a Toyota Celica GT L/B in those days for mere US$2k so it was said, Green card very expensive to get but worth-while!
So the Ar green cards, are they much sought after from the ex-pats as well?
no, i don`t think there are people stupid enough to marry just to get citizenship here, also the are no prenups here and divorce is a long process.

Also, hate to burst your bubble but you're not going to get a job teaching English that will
also give you a DNI. If you do, let the rest of us know so we can do the same.

I heard that the Wall Street Institute gets their teachers working papers.... they also pay 25 pesos/ hour.

Back