Something Old To Further Comment Upon, Now . . . ? ? ?

rpkerston

Registered
Hi, folks!

I don’t post often (but I’m reading most of the things others post here, fairly regularly).

However, *THIS* (hopefully att’d – in 3 photographs that I took of a four-pager... apologies for visual clarity, or lack thereof) caught my attention very, very early this morning when I just happened to find it in the San Isidro Mitre-Tigre line train station (a mini-brochure). Of course, the subject is the 'VULTURE FUNDS' agreement that is being debated in this nation's Congress, presently...

I have gotten good enough in reading and understanding this language to grasp the full meaning of the 10 points written, here - and I certainly know the source quite well. What I have not yet gotten quite good enough at is mastery of the fuller history and deeper background (I do know the basics, but not the ‘ins-and-outs’ that this brochure references at times) which could possibly enlighten me as to what – here – may truly be accurate, what may be, um... a bit stretched?... and what may simply be political posturing in this rebuttal…

In other words: How much of this appears to you good folks to be pure partisanship and how much of this would you think is considered a fairly accurate assessments of things?

Or put even more simply: CARE TO COMMENT? (Gee, I can’t figure we’d resist this, now, would we?).

Many thanks, as – for me, anyway – there’s still SOOOO much to learn, here!

Paul

IMG_5662.JPGIMG_5663.JPGIMG_5664.JPG

Frankly, that's a quite reasonable response - to my mind, Joeschmoe. My only consideration otherwise, however, is that with a wide distribution of such written material, people can say things that aren't true (or which are true) and how is a populace to know which it is? In my own country, up north, similar things occur... but usually there's some basis for the things written about - and I want to know if that's the case, here, or not.

Many thanks, Paul

Let´s see what ex president Perón said:

56e81ad0beb13__500!.jpg

Frankly, that's a quite reasonable response - to my mind, Joeschmoe. My only consideration otherwise, however, is that with a wide distribution of such written material, people can say things that aren't true (or which are true) and how is a populace to know which it is? In my own country, up north, similar things occur... but usually there's some basis for the things written about - and I want to know if that's the case, here, or not.

Many thanks, Paul

Well, from my experience "up north," I have to say that there are lots of people there, too, who say lots of things that aren't true, as well as a lot of ignorant, uninformed, and just-not-very-bright people who listen to those people.

Just like "up north", there are a lot of ignorant, uninformed, and just-not-very-bright people here, too, who listen to those other people.

I don't know how things are "up north" these days, but in at least one country up there, they have Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as the the front-runners for the upcoming presidential elections, so I'd say that Argentina doesn't have a monopoly on ignorant, uninformed, and just-not-very-bright people who listen to any old nonsense.

And if you're sticking around here, I think you can take comfort in the fact that here in the DOH[sup]1[/sup], the people voted out the type of people that created that brochure, and it looks like enough people in the congress here are going to be responsible enough (for whatever reasons they have, be they patriotic, opportunistic, nefarious, or otherwise) to finally pay the debt that those brochure types didn't think necessary to pay.

But don't get too comfortable. This is Argentina.

[sup]1[/sup]Dictatorship of Happiness

In my experience as a local. This is not new.
There was before something they called the "mega canje" that was a new bond that was to solve all the problems. Of course, it never happend. It caused the 2001 worst crisis ever:
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacanje
It was a nightmare.
It is a fact that to pay so much is not going to:
1) bring prosperity;
2) bring investments;
3) to avoid a budget cut.

And there is no reason to pay because Argentina already won because the fine enacted by Griesa for not paying was going to be more expensive than paying after 45 years.

In fact, seems that after paying so much, the best we can have is to by pass the visa ro go to the Us and to be able to get ems mail.

I think it is too much money for that.

In my double experience 1st from "up north" and then as 37 years as as a "local" foreign resident,taxpayer and Argentine retiree,
I would say that is simply ,as joeschmoe 1920,r2d2 and amigo-artistico have already mentioned La Campora propoganda.
If you are not familiar with La C.,it is a Kirchnerite youth organization having alarmingly similarities with the Hitler Jungend of "Die Nazi Zeit"
So this does not go on happening "Up north",please read the article on the Trump monster in today's Washington Post.

Back