Soon-to-be BA expat with some concerns...

I think trying to squeeze us for a few more hits to your blog by making us go through several steps in order to address your concerns, when you could have just as easily posted them here, is a really crappy way to introduce yourself.

1) I don't read blogs, sorry.

2) I cycle, but not during the day in the warm months. I don't like showing up places sweating and smelling like a lockerroom. They're adding more and more bike lands all the time. The problem is that People are Stupid. This means that (a) There are more bike lanes for people to just stand in as they're waiting to cross the street and (b) There are more and more bikers who shouldn't be on a bike.

3) It's difficult to become a local anywhere. I know a girl who moved to Paris about a year ago and she has tons of friends and they're all expats. I know a guy who lives in Saudi Arabia on a compound. Tons of friends, they all make their own wine, he's got virtually no Saudi friends. Same with a friend's parents in Kuwait.

4) Keep up the good work on your blog. They make great diaries and some people read them as well.

Hey PhilipDT and Napoleon,
Thanks for reading and for your responses. Here's to community!

fuccolini said:
yeah, no chinks is way north philly past the betsy ross, they're awesome steaks. i kinda avoided pats n ginos because of the lines. but yeah, south philly institutions by all means. try philip's at 22nd and passyunk

I actually have eaten a Philips. Decent steaks.

Back