soulskier....

Recoleta Carolina said:
The picture is stunning. But, Bariloche is a second world city. It does not compare with certain cities on lakes in Europe that are first class and first world in every sense of the word.

Think of pictures of beautiful apartments for rent. Sometimes the apartment doesn´t look the same in person.

I think that Bariloche was pristine up until the 1950´s. In the 60´s real estate development was unregulated so you have a real mixed bag of architecture. Some beautiful alpine and some really ugly architecture that takes away from the environment. The town is not special. There is growing crime and in general, beauty is mixed in with ugliness. You would have to visit and spend some time there to know. You can´t just go by a beautiful picture.

I like Bariloche and I am not saying that people should not visit. But, that picture does not depict some of the deteriorated areas that I have seen there.

I totally agree Bariloche is a mixture of both cool and ugly architecture. The city is ugly and over crowded.

Next time I will post a picture of the garbage dump in your honor.

It is almost impossible to find a lake/mountains like this in Europe : the mountains are all full of houses and the lakes full of boats....
I absolutely love this photo!!!

katti said:
It is almost impossible to find a lake/mountains like this in Europe : the mountains are all full of houses and the lakes full of boats....
I absolutely love this photo!!!

Thanks.

There is an amazing trail that climbs right out of the lake to the peak on the left. We call it the "gnar gnar trail". 1300 meters lake to summit.

Recoleta Carolina said:
But, that picture does not depict some of the deteriorated areas that I have seen there.

You are right. It only shows the natural beauty of the mountains & lake.

soulskier said:
There is an amazing trail that climbs right out of the lake to the peak on the left. We call it the "gnar gnar trail". 1300 meters lake to summit.

We are going to Bariloche in august : skiing, but seeing this nice photo makes me want to go there too. Is that far from the Catedral? Where exactly do we go to do that trail?

katti said:
We are going to Bariloche in august : skiing, but seeing this nice photo makes me want to go there too. Is that far from the Catedral? Where exactly do we go to do that trail?

The trail starts at Bahia Lopez, about 25 minutes from Catedral. It will likely be snow covered and dangerous. I can point you in the direction of other trails that are hikeable year round if you like, feel free to contact me.

Thanks, I might do that : but I suppose it will be better to come back when the days are a bit longer and the snow is gone. It will probably not be possible to get my ski-fanatic-kids off the slopes to go hiking anyway...:cool:

katti said:
Thanks, I might do that : but I suppose it will be better to come back when the days are a bit longer and the snow is gone. It will probably not be possible to get my ski-fanatic-kids off the slopes to go hiking anyway...:cool:

There is a nice hiking trail very close to Catedral that should be snow free if you just want to stroll and unwind your legs after skiing. Feel free to contact me for specifics.

soulskier said:
I totally agree Bariloche is a mixture of both cool and ugly architecture. The city is ugly and over crowded.

Next time I will post a picture of the garbage dump in your honor.

That made me laugh.

:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Newcomers Forum 1
D Newcomers Forum 4
Back