soulskier....

Last night's sunset from our patio.

Sunset-July-16_1.jpg

wow... that is magical.

it's another one of those 'sides' of Argentina isn't it? If Argentina was a shape, based on how many sides it has.. what would it be I wonder?

erindanelle said:
. . . . If Argentina was a shape, based on how many sides it has.. what would it be I wonder?
A polyhedron.

Now, that was simple, wasn't it?

Argentina is more like a box of chocolates......with lots of chocolate covered Brazils.

......because it really is mostly nuts.

Sorry. I'll go to bed now.

John.St said:
You still owe us the picture of that picturesque and beautiful dump in Bariloche (pics of the dumps in Junin d-l-A and San Martin-d-l-A also appreciated - haven't been playing there since 2007) :D;):D

Yes, your correct. I'll try to make a point of going by and snapping a photo soon.

Recoleta Carolina said:
The picture is stunning. But, Bariloche is a second world city. It does not compare with certain cities on lakes in Europe that are first class and first world in every sense of the word.

Think of pictures of beautiful apartments for rent. Sometimes the apartment doesn´t look the same in person.

I think that Bariloche was pristine up until the 1950´s. In the 60´s real estate development was unregulated so you have a real mixed bag of architecture. Some beautiful alpine and some really ugly architecture that takes away from the environment. The town is not special. There is growing crime and in general, beauty is mixed in with ugliness. You would have to visit and spend some time there to know. You can´t just go by a beautiful picture.

I like Bariloche and I am not saying that people should not visit. But, that picture does not depict some of the deteriorated areas that I have seen there.

Here you go, a picture of the local dump. I hope you enjoy it!

For-RC_1.jpg

No offense, but your garage dump photography needs a bit of work! It doesn't really look that ugly.....

:D ;)

mini said:
No offense, but your garage dump photography needs a bit of work! It doesn't really look that ugly.....
:D ;)
It reminds me of a childhood spent partly in Colorado. Of course, almost anything can look better under unmelted snow!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Newcomers Forum 1
D Newcomers Forum 4
Back