Specific Xoom Questions

guzelsu

Registered
Hi! I am coming to BA for my honeymoon from Dec. 19th - 31st.

3 questions re xoom:

1) I heard to only place to pick up in BA is MORE - Casa Central, Libertad 1057, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires. Is that correct?
2) Can I pick up on Saturday? We arrive late Friday night and it would be ideal to pick up cash on Saturday.
3) Is it advisable to use xoom? If I expect to need $1K over the holidays would you transfer it all at once or do one transfer of $500 and then a second transfer of $500? How long does it take for them to post?

Thank you kindly for your answers and I apologize if these questions have been asked before.

Ozge

Hi! I am coming to BA for my honeymoon from Dec. 19th - 31st.

3 questions re xoom:

1) I heard to only place to pick up in BA is MORE - Casa Central, Libertad 1057, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires. Is that correct?
2) Can I pick up on Saturday? We arrive late Friday night and it would be ideal to pick up cash on Saturday.
3) Is it advisable to use xoom? If I expect to need $1K over the holidays would you transfer it all at once or do one transfer of $500 and then a second transfer of $500? How long does it take for them to post?

Thank you kindly for your answers and I apologize if these questions have been asked before.

Ozge

Using Xoom for the first time, we recently sent the equivalent of US$1000 to my nephew, and it arrived very quickly. There are other locations, but the one he went to in Hipólito Yrigoyen sent him to the Libertad branch because of the relatively high amount.

For just 1 week, I think you are better off just bringing the $1000 cash and changing it here at the blue rate. Unless, as someone mentioned, there was some reason you couldn't do that.

The Libertad MORE location is open Monday-Friday, 9-5 (possibly 6). Turnaround times are pretty quick; make the transfer and the money is usually ready to pick up 1-2 hours later.

Whatever you choose to do... congratulations, have a great time!!

a budget ot US100 per day for 2 people requires excellent cash management,, Assuming hotel is paid for.

Enjoy your stay...!

It looks like argentina has put new requirements for xoom. i needed to get a pile of pesos for paying rent for a year. I had used xoom before with no problems. i did one transaction for the limit of 2,999 dollars. But when i tried to do a second transaction, i was required to send a copy of my passport and a copy of my latest bank statement. I hate to give my personal bank info out....anyone else has done this with no problems???

It looks like argentina has put new requirements for xoom. i needed to get a pile of pesos for paying rent for a year. I had used xoom before with no problems. i did one transaction for the limit of 2,999 dollars. But when i tried to do a second transaction, i was required to send a copy of my passport and a copy of my latest bank statement. I hate to give my personal bank info out....anyone else has done this with no problems???

I sent US$1000 to my nephew no more than a week ago, accessing my US bank account from Santiago de Chile. It was the first time I had used Xoom, however.

1) Yes, that's correct.
2) No. Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
3) I use Xoom all the time, but if I had easy access to dollars I wouldn't use it all. Don't be afraid of buying pesos with dollars. There are plenty of threads on this site about where to go to do it.

This is normal and not new. Once you hit AR$40,000 they'll ask for more info again. Read the threads on this site about it. Also, always go in to the MORE office to show them these materials. Don't email them to XOOM. It's MORE that's asking for them so just give it to them and typically they'll approve you and give you your money immediately.

Dude, why the hell would you wanna come to Argentina for your honeymoon? I can think of a million better places for that. If you do decide to come, bring your cash, why the hell xoom?

Back