Spending Pesos Abroad

jeff1234

Registered
Will Argentinian credit cards be accepted for payment in other countries?
What would be the conversion rate?

Just heard on the news last night that the government will be adding a tax on all foreign currency transactions made with Argentine credit cards. Seems they do not like people spending overseas and getting the official rate.

Sleuth said:
Just heard on the news last night that the government will be adding a tax on all foreign currency transactions made with Argentine credit cards. Seems they do not like people spending overseas and getting the official rate.

Where did you hear that? I don't like how that sounds...that will mess up a few things. Do you know when that might take place?

Sleuth said:

It was only a matter of time before they closed this loophole.

I have not heard or read anything about a tax on foreign currency transactions with credit cards... do you have a link or can name a source?

A lot of links posted recently to "iprofesional.com." Is this a reliable source?

Not saying it's not, but I've never heard of it and the stories mentioned don't seem to show up on any other news source.

My mother-in-law called and told us she saw it in the evening news. I'll try and get a confirmation from here on what channel it was on.

I went through the article and it sounds pretty vague to me, it is all about things that might happen, and rumors but they do not name a source, I think it is just smoke imho.

Back