Suggestion For Current Bank Account For Trivial Spending?

oiram

Registered
I just got myself a DNI so I'm now thinking of getting a current account to trivial payments, bills, mercadolibre, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Do banks charge maintenance fees on current accounts here? Specially if there's no regular incoming deposits?

DNI residencia permanente?? Search the files . checking account almost impossible --- 99.00 % negative chances

From my experience the easiest account to get is a "Caja de Ahorro" account from Banco Nación. With your DNI you should not have problems to open one. It comes with a Maestro debit card and home banking. There were some changes recently and as of April "Caja de Ahorra" accounts are supposed to be free (http://www.lanacion....seran-gratuitas).

Is there a website to compare these free accounts between the various banks?

For permanent residents that are not in the banking system , can obtain the Tarjeta Unica Universal Gratuita , is a visa Debit Card. It's meant for house maids , students and jubilados. Has no costs and no fees ... Most banks will give you the run around to avoid issuing it ... it's not a money maker ! The maximum monthly movement is $18,000.

http://www.cronista....50716-0045.html

[background=rgb(252, 250, 249)]La cuenta universal gratuita está destinada a personas que no son titulares de ninguna cuenta bancaria. El único requisito para abrirla es ser mayor de edad y presentar el documento nacional de identidad y todo banco que tenga al menos 10 cajeros automáticos en su red está obligado a ofrecerla.[/background]

Rich One, Just read up on CUG and it seems to fit my medium term needs. Gonna try to get one as soon as the strike stops (just made the mistake to walk to a bank on strike day).

Rich One, Just read up on CUG and it seems to fit my medium term needs. Gonna try to get one as soon as the strike stops (just made the mistake to walk to a bank on strike day).

You must be very firm show the article print, the Central Bank decree and threaten the clerk that will claim he is not aware of the CUG....! Call a supervisor.

Not sure why you want to get the cuenta universal gratuita, though - when you can get the caja de ahorra for free, now. Caja de ahorra does not have the 18.000 limit - much more convenient.

Back