St. Pat's 2011

CedarPawn

Registered
Ok, the topic of this thread is simple - where is the place to be on St. Patrick's day? The bitchinest party, the most authentically Irish spots? I've heard Krakow's got a good one, and something about a block party in Retiro. Thoughts, anyone?

Pub Crawl BA looks pretty interesting. I'm gonna test it out tomorrow in preparation!

BWalker said:
Pub Crawl BA looks pretty interesting. I'm gonna test it out tomorrow in preparation!

Must be well off then :)

Krakow are having a Polish St Patrcks Day Party (not exactly irish)....

Breoghans will be more authentic, although the place isn't quite Irish either. To be fair, there are no "Real" Irish bars in BsAs, but plenty of places will be "Irish" on the night. Last year, after the official "Rained-off" party at Plaza Irlanda, we ended up in CasaBar and had a pretty decent time.

One place to avoid is Reconquista - It gets full of drunken Argentine Wannabee Irish - And the prices are steep, the bouncers and queues heavy, and the riot police parked around the corner.

Hi Liam3494,

I'm over from Ireland for a few weeks on business and was interested in checking out how St. Patrick's Day is celebrated here. I'd be less interested in the Plastic Paddy stuff as well even though our office is right beside Reconquista so I might just walk up through on the way home from work. Is the Plaza Irlanda celebrations worth checking out? Any other places/events that might be of interest?
Thanks for your time.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get back before now. Last year, the Plaza Irlanda event would have been good, if it hadn't rained, not sure whether the same is planned this.

Sadly I have to work until 9 on Thursday, so looks like I will have to pass on the festivities this year, as I am out of the city, and would be late by the time I could get anywhere after work.

Here is a link to the front page of the Southern Cross with a timetable of events on Thursday which may be of help... http://www.thesoutherncross.com.ar/portada.php

We will be out as usual on Friday in the San Telmo area for our usual Friday Night Drinks night, and you would be more than welcome to join us. Keep an eye out for the post on Expat Life.

Back