Standard closed??

polostar88

Registered
Wtf Standard closed? It was one of the few places where I've had satisfying meals in BA...it was one of the best restaurants here. Why did it close???

Anything like it that still exists?

Real shame it closed, was one of my favourites. The slow cooked beef joint and the lamb were some of the best I've had anywhere.

I heard that the owner of the property demanded something silly like a 300% increase on the rent, so they shut down.

Yes thats true JP and is it any wonder that any restaurants survive in Palermo Hollywood . Many restaurants are struggling to survive due to paying rents above 20000 to 30000 pesos per month for a restaurant.

perry said:
Yes thats true JP and is it any wonder that any restaurants survive in Palermo Hollywood . Many restaurants are struggling to survive due to paying rents above 20000 to 30000 pesos per month for a restaurant.

What's the reasoning of the owners? They'd rather get nothing than get a lower price? Also in closing down Standard, one of the best places in BA, and I'm guessing in closing down other good places too, doesn't the value of the whole area also decrease?

Loved the place too. Luckily Sudestada is still across the street, though I only go for their lunch specials. I'm still a big fan of Sucre.

Classic example of cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Back