Starbucks Vs A Good Old Cafeteria.

The capucciono served at Starbucks Ezeiza airport is awesome. I often have it early morning to start my day before catching a flight.

Serafina, it's not as creamy as the one in your picture (which looks pretty close to a cream-based chocolate pudding to me :D ), but definitely more creamy and heavy than the usual nesquik stuff which has a consistency of water and the taste of sugar in most places. They always used real chocolate flakes from Lindt and you could get it based on milk chocolate or dark chocolate. So might not be your favorite version, but I'd suggest to give it a try if you are in the area.

That's interesting, I have always seen it made with cocoa powder. Any chance to get whipped cream with that? I don't know why in Argentina they don't have whipped cream to put on top of ice creams. And they say their ice cream is the best in the world. Puuuhlease!

This is the consistency according to Lindt (they sell the powder and also have little bars serving their products)

public_imggallfoto_q3c4d7o130_08_12_jpg_w_814_h_425.jpeg

That's interesting, I have always seen it made with cocoa powder. Any chance to get whipped cream with that? I don't know why in Argentina they don't have whipped cream to put on top of ice creams. And they say their ice cream is the best in the world. Puuuhlease!

This is the consistency according to Lindt (they sell the powder and also have little bars serving their products)

public_imggallfoto_q3c4d7o130_08_12_jpg_w_814_h_425.jpeg

What about the Canned Whipped Cream?? Available?

story-img-2.png

Have you tried to make whipped cream with the cream they sell here? Has not worked well for me.

Yes, I did and it worked out okay. However, I have noticed that La Serenissima in the 500 ml box is thicker than the same brand versions of 370 ml and 250 ml. Those are more liquid, but I have never tried to beat them.

Back home I remember a stiffening powder to be added to the cream before beating it. It was useful when making cakes with decorations which should last several hours untouched. It was never my case :lol:

15842.png

Also, in my modest experience you might want to try the following, if you can't get decent results:
  • Cool down your bowl and whiskers some hours before using them
  • Add a level teaspoon of starch for each 500 ml of cream (it acts as a stiffener)
  • Get better whiskers
  • Beat on high for a short period of time or it will turn into butter

Now I am gonna prep a cup of hot chocolate! The starch is the secret for that, as well. :D

Have you tried to make whipped cream with the cream they sell here? Has not worked well for me.

What happened? I cool it down, add some sugar and comes out pretty decent. The only bad side is exercise, since I don't have mixer..

I will try adding the starch. Thanks for the tip. Back home they sold little packets of powder to mix into the cream - probably similar to that pannafix from Italy. So the Serenissima 500 ml box worked well for you?

Back