Starbucks Vs A Good Old Cafeteria.

Yes, that did it. But I had to make the filling for a cake so it didn't need to be very thick or to last long. I suppose you'd want something more fluffy if you are trying to do decorations.

I read about the starch on an Italian forum. They said Pannafix is made with that, and some used starch or even maizena, instead. Try to look up for something in English to check the dosing. I have never tried that trick myself, so please report back.

You could also put the bowl and the whiskers in the freezer 15-30' minute before use if you don't have time to let them cool down in the fridge.

Also, older electric beaters take longer to achieve the same results. I remember my mom's old Braun stand alone beaters took almost 10', whereas nowadays any $15 Chinese beater for do better. Even with the flat whiskers like these:
DSC01909.jpg

I have a kitchen machine and I use this thing below - in less than 3' it's ready.

KW712207.jpg

One thing Starbucks has: you know if you go there you will find a stable internet connection. Not so with other traditional cafes. That's why I find myself using it over traditional cafes.

I have a stable internet connection, I have two Stella mokas, I can whip cream... I even have a cat if you like neko-cafes.

It sounds like I should open for business ;)

That's interesting, I have always seen it made with cocoa powder. Any chance to get whipped cream with that? I don't know why in Argentina they don't have whipped cream to put on top of ice creams. And they say their ice cream is the best in the world. Puuuhlease!

This is the consistency according to Lindt (they sell the powder and also have little bars serving their products)

public_imggallfoto_q3c4d7o130_08_12_jpg_w_814_h_425.jpeg

I've never seen whipped cream in cans in the grocery store or in restaurants in Buenos Aires but I think that's because people make it. At my family's house they make fresh whipped cream right before they serve it on top of fruit salad.

For a chain, Starbucks is by far the best option in Argentina.

As in the U.S., you now have some local spots that do a better job, and I think Starbucks is slightly responsible for that. For example, I've heard many good things about a cafe in Belgrano called "All Saints Cafe." I've walked by there a few times, and the interior looks pretty appealing.

In the U.S., I almost never go to Starbucks. If it's convenient, sure, but there just tend to be so many other options where you can get not only coffee, but freshly made salads, sandwiches, etc., for example.

Al Jazeera did a story on coffee in Buenos Aires some months ago. https://www.youtube....h?v=WeBlv9GTUJ4 It's spot on.

The Al Jazeera story really does sum it up well. A great coffee culture lacking great coffee. Keep hope alive that it's changing. I would love some independent operations with great coffee.

In terms of Starbucks. I have never tried a foo foo drink. I order a 5 shot Venti (large) Americano, usually black. Asking for 5 shots ensures they don't accidentally do only 2 or 3 shots (it happens) and they rarely charge me for the extra shot (I am a regular, but it's only 5 pesos). Total is 45 pesos now. Sometimes hot. Sometimes iced (lots of ice).

Most of the time I buy their beans and use the Aeropress at home. It's my favorite brewing method...I've tried everything.

For a chain, Starbucks is by far the best option in Argentina.

As in the U.S., you now have some local spots that do a better job, and I think Starbucks is slightly responsible for that. For example, I've heard many good things about a cafe in Belgrano called "All Saints Cafe." I've walked by there a few times, and the interior looks pretty appealing.

In the U.S., I almost never go to Starbucks. If it's convenient, sure, but there just tend to be so many other options where you can get not only coffee, but freshly made salads, sandwiches, etc., for example.

Al Jazeera did a story on coffee in Buenos Aires some months ago. https://www.youtube....h?v=WeBlv9GTUJ4 It's spot on.

All saints coffee is the typical hipster coffee shop. Their coffee is not as good as they think their coffee is. I used to be a regular but got fed up with the long lines the slow service and the high prices.

All saints coffee is the typical hipster coffee shop. Their coffee is not as good as they think their coffee is. I used to be a regular but got fed up with the long lines the slow service and the high prices.

Seems like they need to expand, then! :)

Back