Starting A Restaurant Business In Buenos Aires

My dream a steakhouse right next to a honky tonk and me living right next door to them :D

I don't know. It would need to have sawdust on the floor and horns & antlers on the walls for me to really relax and feel at home...

I don't know. It would need to have sawdust on the floor and horns & antlers on the walls for me to really relax and feel at home...

Of course there'd need to be at least one shuffleboard table against the wall and a pool table and/or dart board wouldn't hurt.

You will compete with Kansas, Houston and Dallas restaurants in BA? You will have to offer Asado de Tira which most guests will order , your Cajun Steak will sleep on the Parilla :D Were are talking in the millions of dollars.. :rolleyes:

Well to male it short buy into the Fondo de Comercio of an operating restaurant in Palermo or Puerto Madero, see link for offerings,

http://www.argenprop.com/Fondos-de-comercio-Palermo/rbQ1KpQ1Kaf_100000001Kaf_500000001Kaf_800000020Kaf_810KvnQVistaResultadosKvncQVistaGrilla?gclid=COzu2-Gxqr0CFeMSOgodCAkAdA#/sp.SortBy=MontoNormalizado/sp.SortDirection=Desc/sp.CurrentPage=1

This one for US$2,7 million Costa Rica al 4000?

http://www.argenprop.com/Propiedades/Detalles/6899883--Fondo-de-comercio-en-Venta-en-Capital-Federal?hb=1

Hi thanks for the comments and links - gave me somethings to think about there

I wasn't thinking about a Kansas style place but something a bit more rustic if you like and less formal

The other thing is finding a manager who you can trust to run it as I don't intend to be there every day - that may be impossible

Lots of people dream of opening a restaurant, but it is a LOT of work. Not being there everyday in the beginning doesn´t sound too realistic unless you have a partner (not a manager, but someone you know for years) who will be there all the time, at least for the first year. Expect 12-16 hour days. I love to cook but have worked in restaurants and couldn´t deal with the hours and stress.
Have you worked in a restaurant before?

Musicman, if you really want to pursue this idea, start with creating a business plan - anything you do before having one is likely to be lost time...

Back