Stay away from this apartment rental

French jurist said:
Yes, but now she knows (her wikipedia changed back to normal, her blog is locked, ...).

Yeah, but I'm sure that most of us posting have been/will be here for awhile. If someone keeps the radar out for her postings, maybe in a month or so she'll let her guard down and we can seize the moment. :cool:

MizzMarr said:
Yeah, but I'm sure that most of us posting have been/will be here for awhile. If someone keeps the radar out for her postings, maybe in a month or so she'll let her guard down and we can seize the moment. :cool:

Sure, it seems she has (I'm serious) artistic talents and a taste for art & fashion design. She would be more succesful in those fields

Lauren23 said:
I checked this thread when people first started posting, and viewed this woman´s websites and Craigslist postings... since then, all of them (with the exception of her cat´s website) have been taken down!

What goes around, comes around! I hope that a lot of good (more than just the deposit money back) comes out of this. Shame on her!

Well the cat blog now has much less info on it also, she logged in 39 minutes ago. I have saved screen dumps of most of those links that no longer exist if anyone needs them.

MizzMarr said:

Exactly, and the doubt that would be put in her mind every time she rents out an apartment to a foreigner would be a beautiful thing. I would recommend that nobody post about it publicly until there is a family of 15-20 villeros well installed in the apartment.

I know what you're thinking. "Did they get all six email addresses or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is BAExpats, the most powerful scam busting group in the world, and would blow your credibility clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Man, I'm blown away by the brilliant sleuthing that has unfolded in this thread. bradlyhale: I'm sorry you had to go through the same thing. I got the same handwritten receipt in lieu of a legit contract for the apartment, which should have alarmed me but didn't at the time. And yes, you got the correct phone number for the apartment and I'm sure you did speak to the mother.

I had been planning on calling the apartment over the next few days, as I think a new tenant will be moving in shortly, if they haven't already. Throughout my last two or so weeks in the apartment, Valeria regularly brought prospective tenants to see the place. We need to make sure no one else gets victimized by these crooks. Also, on more than one occasion she brought real estate agents to check the apartment out also in anticipation of a possible sale of the unit, I was told.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information you guys have thrown out there, but at this point it's clear that more is at stake here than my measly $200 deposit. I think I gave Valeria plenty of chances to make this right by just returning my money, but she really deserves everything coming to her now. I hope those $200 were worth it. As advised in this forum, I'll report her immediately to the AFIP, Buenos Aires City Government´s Tourist Consumer´s Defense and the tourist police, the latter of which was recommend on the Trip Advisor thread I posted on the same subject.

And for the record, Valeria looks nowhere near as good as she does in those photos. Handsome maybe, but I certainly wouldn't turn my head when she passes by. Those photos must be 'shopped or just plain old.

Bailey Essrog said:
I think I gave Valeria plenty of chances to make this right by just returning my money, but she really deserves everything coming to her now..

FLORENCIA MARINA DAUD is her real name.
Florencia Daud at times.
Flormarina in another blog.

Disclaimer : I am not writing Florencia Marina Daud again for future googling references, I just type Florencia Marina Daud because I feel like typing Florencia Marina Daud (or Florencia Daud if I want to make short).

Back