Stay away from this apartment rental

I'll call my Chancery Lane contact tomorrow and update here. Funnily enough I was there last night for a birthday party next door to the Law Society

There is also Taringa to get this exposed to a larger number of locals and there are also a couple of tv shows that do hidden camera investigations of scams, one is I think GPS on 24 America, the other involves Facundo Pastor, it may be the same show, it's quite likely they would pick this up and run with it.

pauper said:
There is also Taringa to get this exposed to a larger number of locals and there are also a couple of tv shows that do hidden camera investigations of scams, one is I think GPS on 24 America, the other involves Facundo Pastor, it may be the same show, it's quite likely they would pick this up and run with it.

You have fired up my imagination...honestly...I just saw a thread on the other expat forum (I don't mean to start any flame wars between the owners please) ....in this thread there is a woman who's being robbed for 10x times more than US$200 ((US$2000))...I told her maybe she should come & share her story here too....this america 24 show is a great local show, I watch it...they have done investigations into tourist scams before I believe...we could collect a number of good cases for them...this could be a very attractive story for them...especially if there are many cases to report on.

Oh.....I'm getting excited.....;-)

notebook.fix said:
You have fired up my imagination...honestly...I just saw a thread on the other expat forum (I don't mean to start any flame wars between the owners please) ....in this thread there is a woman who's being robbed for 10x times more than US$200 ((US$2000))...I told her maybe she should come & share her story here too....this america 24 show is a great local show, I watch it...they have done investigations into tourists scams before I believe...we could collect a number of good cases for them...this could be a very attractive story for them...especially if there are many cases to report on.

Oh.....I'm getting excited.....;-)

The whole nice tourist comes here and gets scammed by us awful Argentines theme is something I can imagine appealing to them (not that I agree with the whole self loathing why are we so awful motif but it is a motif of Argentine TV nonetheless). When they do the sting they made need one of us to play the innocent tourist, any volunteers?

French jurist said:
Lol, typical first reaction on the lawyer's forum : the guy tells me to hire a lawyer (give me money, yes).

Could I recommend to you Florencia Marina Daud? I hear she's very professional.

But there is this on the link:
Si tuviera dudas respecto de algún profesional comúniquese al 4379-8700 interno 100, 103, 359, 360, 361 y 363.

Perhaps it's worth calling?

pauper said:
The whole nice tourist comes here and gets scammed by us awful Argentines theme is something I can imagine appealing to them. When they do the sting they made need one of us to play the innocent tourist, any volunteers?

:) Judging by all the anger out there...I don't think we'd be short on volunteers! . I think el flaco who does the investigations is pretty genuine & could be very helpful here...I'm looking up their contact numbers.....this thread has been viewed more than 8,400 times so far since 48hours ago!!!

Edit: Refreshing any page on baexpats.org is now (6pm) starting to take a lot longer...looks like they are going to need to upgrade their bandwidth limits pretty quickly cause soon the sheer volume of traffic may crash this site...I hope not.

pauper said:
Could I recommend to you Florencia Marina Daud? I hear she's very professional.

But there is this on the link:
Si tuviera dudas respecto de algún profesional comúniquese al 4379-8700 interno 100, 103, 359, 360, 361 y 363.

Perhaps it's worth calling?

Sure, it would be worth calling but with my "Inspector Clouzaut" accent (in a porteno way) I won't !

French jurist said:
Sure, it would be worth calling but with my "Inspector Clouzaut" accent (in a porteno way) I won't !

The crooks never sleep and neither does Clouseau!

Back