Stay away from this apartment rental

Your best defense is making it public so landlords will think twice before scamming someone, I rent a flat I have since 2005 and never ever had a problem, expats don´t want to have problems but take advantage....is another thing and a very bad business in the long run...but tennants should ask for a contract a very simple one, there are thousands on line in English and in Spanish and google the name of landlords to see what appears on line just in case.....not a bad idea....
greetings
Reina

Good site. She'll probably use other languages too : Brazilian, Italian, French, maybe German.

One note : recording private phone calls is quite illegal without the other party consent or knowledge.

At least, they are worrying heavily now, lost the English audience --> good point

That site is a much needed tool.
Congrats to the author for following up on the Daud Gang.

mini said:
She was informed there was a fee for the extra day, but they had agreed to have a late check out time of 3pm without the fee. My friend understood she had to be there for check out at 3pm. And we were in the apt at 3:05. I know this because the land lady pointed to the clock and said that my friend should have been outside the apt building at 3pm. And since she was still in the apt at 3:05 the landlady was keeping the 30 bucks. We were all out on the sidewalk at 3:15.

For me that's just looking for a reason to take the extra money. It's like a "gotcha".

That's funny an Argentine and a real estate agent complaining about being on time...

:eek: Wow... I just looked at this place yesterday and was seriously considering making an offer on it! (before I saw this thread) I met Florencia. My fiancee (porteña) told me that she thought Florencia was shady - even though I hadn't gotten that impression at all. I'll be avoiding this one. Thank you! :)

jasonn1234 said:
:eek: Wow... I just looked at this place yesterday and was seriously considering making an offer on it! (before I saw this thread) I met Florencia. My fiancee (porteña) told me that she thought Florencia was shady - even though I hadn't gotten that impression at all. I'll be avoiding this one. Thank you! :)

As we say in French "you told too much or not enough !" :D

Save yourself from being ripped off and a bad, nasty and petty experience.

Address: Catalina Marchi 7A in Canitas and 2144 Ravignani Piso A. These apartments are listed on many websites including Craigslist and offered by owner and many agencies at varying prices.

Landlord: Carlucci family.

Bottomline: Cheated out of deposit, called up to 11 times at midnight w/various yelling and threats by landlord if I don't pay the rent early (harassing as early as the 23rd of the month) and only willing to accept US dollars. Threatening legal action based on the contract.

DO NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACTS WITH THESE PEOPLE W/O A LAWYER REVIEWING.

I too started with a pleasant enough experience even though the apartment was stated as luxury it definitely was not. It looks nicer than most at first because everything is white-however everything is broken on closer look so do your diligence.

WATCH OUT FOR:
:mad: Gross mattresses, if the broken springs don't leave you sore and sleepless you will have nightmares from the stains.
-Every drawer is broken so you can't actually open and close it for practical use.
-Every door handle is rotted off so if you actually turn the handle it falls off and can lock you in if it doesn't fall completely off
- Broken closet doors that can fall on you while sleeping
-Appliances I would not let my food touch and getting charged for a broken blender
-Oh, and fake internet. It said internet included but it was a wireless from a different floor that didn't work. When I installed my own they had it shut off to extort more money since they knew I worked out of home.
-When I deducted the deposit from the last payment as I noticed they got flaky towards the end, they were en masse (their friends or whatever) harrassing and intimidating.
-They promised to give back deposit as they said they are serious business people. They would give my deposit back in my same envelope and hopefully not counterfeit $$. THEY DID NOT.
:mad: Claimed wear and tear on crappy towels to start with.
:mad: OH, AND THE ENTIRE KITCHEN TILE WALL SPONTANEOUSLY COLLAPSED AND IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ETHICAL ENCARGADO WE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINED BY THE RIP OFF LANDLORDS FOR DAMAGING IT.
:mad: ELECTRICITY SHOCKS YOU AND BLEW OUT MY ROUTER AND COMPUTER EVEN WITH A MEGA SURGE AND TRANSFORMER.

Overall just unreal-don't be fooled by wolves in sheep clothing. Argentina is too wonderful of an experience to be ruined by being involved with the Carlucci family in these apartments.

REALLY JUST DON'T BOTHER, MANY OTHER OPTIONS THAT ARE BETTER.

Back