Still in arrival mode

Spork

Registered
Hey everyone,

I arrived about 6 weeks ago from Australia with my Colombian partner. We've been going through the same symptoms as everyone else, excited, exploring, looking for work and adjusting to this amazing scene. Also like loads of people recording our impressions for friends back home on a blog: www.2sporks1cup.com We've got a lot from reading other people's experiences so just wanted to share.

I was hoping to get out of the city and do some hiking and camping if anyone knows of good options or group stuff going on? Love to hear about it.

Love to chat to some people on here, meet up and share the ride.

Kris

Welcome to Buenos Aires, and congratulations on a truly fantastic blog title. Well, it made me laugh.

I'm in San Telmo. If you're heading down here (or if you already live here) any time feel free to PM me - just maybe do it a couple of days in advance. As one or two others have discovered recently I'm not always very prompt at replying...

By the way, having just actually read a bit of your blog... PLEASE tell me that thing about people cooking cats they've taken from parks isn't true? Seriously?!

Gaucho Sam said:
By the way, having just actually read a bit of your blog... PLEASE tell me that thing about people cooking cats they've taken from parks isn't true? Seriously?!

Word on the park bench is that there are some pretty tasty felines lurking in the Botanical Gardens. You can amuse yourself, get some much needed city exercise and apparently also hunt your dinner! All that for free.

Gaucho Sam...it's tongue in cheek, that said I will be happy to see some more asians coming over here to get rid of the dogs.....all this it's tongue in cheek of course :D

Apparently the cat cooking is truly going on but the tone of most blogs is definitely one of high sarcasm!
Love to catch up Guacho Sam of San Telmo. Although there is a big whole in the 'what to do?' post World Cup for a catch up, maybe we can do something else. We're on Independencia - pretty much love El Federal if a bevvy is in order inside a warm space?

Spork said:
Apparently the cat cooking is truly going on but the tone of most blogs is definitely one of high sarcasm!
Love to catch up Guacho Sam of San Telmo. Although there is a big whole in the 'what to do?' post World Cup for a catch up, maybe we can do something else. We're on Independencia - pretty much love El Federal if a bevvy is in order inside a warm space?
see "friday night drinks "thread;)

Lucas said:
Word on the park bench is that there are some pretty tasty felines lurking in the Botanical Gardens. You can amuse yourself, get some much needed city exercise and apparently also hunt your dinner! All that for free.

Gaucho Sam...it's tongue in cheek, that said I will be happy to see some more asians coming over here to get rid of the dogs.....all this it's tongue in cheek of course :D
I remember hearing that some years ago, during one of the crises, some people in Rosario resorted to eating cats.
Ah, here it is in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat#In_South_America

Back