Stop Paying Killer ATM Fees

KDS, so Capital One has no fees and miles? That sounds a step better than Chuckie S.

soulskier said:
KDS, so Capital One has no fees and miles? That sounds a step better than Chuckie S.

Certainly not the case with my UK issued Capital One card. Different terms on cards issued elsewhere, perhaps?

soulskier said:

Mine is from the states. Just got this off their website:

"Will Capital One® charge me a fee if I use my card overseas?
Capital One does not charge a fee for using your credit card for foreign currency transactions. Foreign purchases will be converted at the foreign exchange rate in effect at the time of posting the charge."

I get 2% miles; not sure if they still offer that on new cards. Its the No Hassle Miles Rewards Card if you're interested.

Schwab seems to be the best deal for ATM usage reimbursement; not to mention the 1% interest on checking, which is nice.

I got a Capital One card (in the states) when I knew that I was moving to Argentina. I can also confirm that they do not charge international transaction fees.

Hi,
I called the Bank of America number on my atm card to complain about the $5.00 charge on each atm withdrawal. Especially, when they show BNP Paribas as their corresponding bank. They credited the charge immediately and apologized. It seems that you have to call and request the credit because of the way the banks are run here...no bank-to-bank automated instruction system.

I have read with interest this thread. I contacted Citibank some time ago to complain about an additional fee they were charging me for us of "non-Citibank ATMs" when making withdrawals here in Bs As. The ATM that I routinely use is located in the lobby of the Citibank branch located at Alvear and Callao. It is not a Banelco machine - it is the typical Citibank ATM that you would see anywhere in the USA. The Citibank Customer Service Representative wrote to me that there are no Citibank ATM's in Buenos Aires. This seems to me to be a situation of if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck....it more than likely is a duck. I may re-open this issue with them.

Chase charges 3% on foreign VISA purchases. My Credit Union charges 1% on VISA transactions and also on ATM withdrawals. It used to be free, but those halcyon days are history.

Charles Schwab is still free for ATM withdrawals. Last month they refunded over $30USD (deposited directly into my account) for the local (AR) bank charges.

Back