Strange World Cup

Which has been the most disappointing team so far?

• Spain

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • England

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Italy

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Argentina (quality of play, not results)

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Brazil (quality of play, not results)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The referees

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
I've been very pleasantly surprised by the U.S., but I had to give my vote to Colombia. They haven't qualified since 1998, and they're doing well! Last night's game was exciting to watch, and that last goal by Rodríguez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sslrVxowM) was beautiful. That dance they do is also a lot of fun. I hope they kick Uruguay's ass.

Argentina, what can I say, I haven't been wildly impressed. We know Messi's good, what else ya got? Let's see how they play today.

Costa Rica winning the group of death was my other vote.

The best moment will be when Messi scores three goals today.

The worse moment was when a BAexpat member (who will remain nameless) jinxed the USA victory Sunday by trash talking the Portugal team before the game was over!

As an Australian friend said, there's 18 groups of death this tournament! :D

For me, the biggest disappointment is definitely Spain. What a heartbreaker! And to add insult to injury, they're ripping my dear Casillas apart. I don't think Chile, Holland and Spain should have been in the same group. That was the real group of death, imo. I expect Chile and Holland to go far - they are better than most teams.
USA is doing great - we'll see how they do against Germany, though.
I did not know Suarez was such an animal. Not only did he help kick Italy out of the tournament, but thanks for all the internet memes.

It has been a very strange cup and I'm glad I don't bet because I would living under a bridge now.

At this point, I'm putting all my hopes into Argentina. Vamos carajo!

As an England supporter, i`m not surprised at our performance , although i secretly thought we might at least qualify.
You know when you have to search google for 1/3rd of your team to find theyre from English teams that finish mid-table, never play in European competitions your in trouble. I put it down to nothing more than too many foreign players in the EPL and English footballer players not playing abroad because theyre overpriced.Unlike the competition who have players around Europe in the top clubs.
Anyway, well done to Costa Rica and Uruguay .Strange that final table of Group D actually looks a reverse of what most people predicited.
Just glad we wont meet any of the big guns, especially Argentina.

This Gomer is impressed with Mexico. Wonder why France is not in anyone's pick?

Read this piece http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/brazil2014/fifa-faces-nightmare-scenario-with-u-s-germany-match-1.2685210
and not sure I completely understand what they are talking about. Anyone care to explain so Gomer can make sense of it?

This Gomer is impressed with Mexico. Wonder why France is not in anyone's pick?
Frenchy has sang Team France's praises but has projected a restrained, modest demeanor like his President:

NWS_20130905_Wor_022_28831900_I1.JPG

Frenchy has sang France's praises but has projected a restrained, modest demeanor like his President:

NWS_20130905_Wor_022_28831900_I1.JPG

The Writing is on "The Board· an omen? "Aujourd'hui...... c'est la Rentree...." ?

Back