Strange World Cup

Which has been the most disappointing team so far?

• Spain

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • England

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Italy

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Argentina (quality of play, not results)

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Brazil (quality of play, not results)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The referees

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
I've been pleasantly surprised by the U.S. I really thought they'd have been packing their bags by now, and while the games have been interesting, all of the missed opportunities for goals is really frustrating me. Even when they've got an open shot they almost always miss!! But on the other end of the spectrum, I gotta say... I can't keep my eyes off of Mexico. They are playing SO WELL and Memo Ochoa is a BEAST of a goalie. My thoughts so far ;)

Very sad that my beloved Italy is out! I know they haven't played exciting football in ages, they are always very defensive but the first half today against Uruguay they actually played pretty well and were completely dominating the game. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the US played against Portugal. I agree with the poster above me about Mexico, they are doing great and I look forward to following them! Of course I will cheer for Argentina but I have not been impressed by them so far.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the U.S. I really thought they'd have been packing their bags by now, and while the games have been interesting, all of the missed opportunities for goals is really frustrating me. Even when they've got an open shot they almost always miss!! But on the other end of the spectrum, I gotta say... I can't keep my eyes off of Mexico. They are playing SO WELL and Memo Ochoa is a BEAST of a goalie. My thoughts so far ;)

Hellooooo, that is the difference between high end and low end.

US is the most disappointing team because they haven't caught their flight home yet.

I don't remember any world champion that performed well in the groups stage. That and some kind of miracle are the reasons I still have some hope Argentina will win the damn thing.

Disappointing: Spain, just because they were the Champions on 2010 and the first out in 2014. Italy - that I predicted on this very forum.
Pleasant Surprise: I would have said the enthusiasm of the waiter at TGI Friday's for team USA. But I'll set with ajoknoblauch, aka the guy always bitchin' about soccer (that never loses a chance to chime in and say so)
Memorable moment: Suarez, but that would be better called "The sickest moment". Jeez!

Back