Stuck In Montevideo!

Jaime Devlin

Registered
Is there a Montevideo Expats site?..I'm currently stuck here, trying to get up to Porto Alegre..hitchhiking left me on the roadside for 2 days, I can't sell anything (I have a 1 month old iPad mini 16GB Wifi with retina screen which would sort it, if anyone might be interested)..I played violin for almost 2 years on the Buenos Aires subte but it's almost impossible to make ends meet here..and in fact if I hadn't met 2 very genuine, friendly hostel owners I may well already be finished..before it even started, this trip...

This is my aim... www.elmundoporfavor.wordpress.com ...if you know of anyone who'd be willing to give me some floor space here for a few nights and help me get some adverts up on mercado libre I'd be eternally grateful...

Ta

image.jpg

have a shave and look less threatening whilst hitchhiking?

PHmF5.jpg

^ Perhaps you could find something better to do with your time...

I managed to find a solution, thankyou...

Maybe you should check out on http://www.workaway.info/ if there is something in Uruguay where you can get to stay for free in exchange of a help, and maybe save enough money to make it to Argentina (or whatyever your next destination is).

I have just discovered that site, so I can't vouch for them, but it looks reliable and fun!

honestly you are traveling with no money, relying on the kindness of others, and you come here to ask for a contact who would be willing to host you in Montevideo? Sounds a bit looney...

Hilarious! Well said, Lucha54.

So much for our collective expat spirit of adventure. Guess I'll know better than to turn here for help if I ever jump into the deep end of the pool.

You already did that simply by arriving in Argentina.

I used to think so but now it feels fairly tame. Now the deep end looks more like this guy backpacking across South America with only a violin to pay his way. There's a real adventure for you! Bet he doesn't have time to spend 3 hours a week lecturing people on the dangers of bitcoin.

Back