Student Visa And Residency

MnParaPalermo

Registered
Hey expats,

I am working on the process for my student visa and had a quick question. I was wondering if, as long as I am registered, I can obtain the student visa a few months before the actual semester starts. According to the website I need-

- FORMAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION AND ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.

In addition to this document I need the criminal reports, visa, passport, 4x4 photos and a certificate of housing.

There doesn't seem to be anything stating that I have to be currently studying..

If anyone here knows, great. If not, I will go to the DNI office in Av Antartida this week. I will keep updated.

Thanks

Don't do it. Its a huge mess because when it expires after a year and you go to renew it you need to show that you've completed your studies and if that happens before you've done so because you got the visa a few months early, welcome to bureaucratic hell.

Don't do it. Its a huge mess because when it expires after a year and you go to renew it you need to show that you've completed your studies and if that happens before you've done so because you got the visa a few months early, welcome to bureaucratic hell.

I am using it to also get a dni and job here. When I go to renew the Visa, I can use the job to reapply.

I am using it to also get a dni and job here. When I go to renew the Visa, I can use the job to reapply.

The student visa allows you to work, but I doubt the job you have is sufficient grounds for renewing a student visa. Renewing a visa through your job requires a significant amount of paperwork from your employer. I doubt anyone hiring you with a student DNI is going to want to deal with that.

Look at what the FAQ of Migraciones says..
  • 19 - Para solicitar la prorroga como estudiante debo presentar la constancia de alumno regular?
Si. Deberá presentar la constancia de alumno regular legalizada por el Ministerio de Educación o por la UBA (en caso de estudiantes de dicha Universidad).​

With this, I can apply for DNI and residency. Additionaly, I can recieve an extension during my studies.

Back