Student Visa

Peony54

Registered
Hey all!

Some questions for people that have come down to Argentina with a student visa

1- Were you able to get accepted while outside the country? I'm looking at schools and most require your transcripts be authenticated in Argentina, which would be tough to do from outside the country. Is it possible!? :)

2- Were you able to get your visa before you came to Argentina? I came to study way back in 2005 for a semester abroad and the program handled everything for me before I left, so I don't know how easy it would be for me to do before I leave. I figure I wouldn't be given a hard time coming in with my paperwork and letter of acceptance saying that I am coming to study but am still working on getting the visa, but I would rather do it all before I arrive.

3- any programs/schools you recommend? (I am looking for edition/translation programs. I live in Lomas del Mirador, and would like to go to a school nearby, but so far haven't found anything, not the end of the world if I have to travel to el centro.) So far I have heard about UMSA, Fundación Litterae and Lenguas Vivas). I already have my Bachelors degree in Spanish and Studio Art.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!

I have an article on student visas on my website. I really like Lenguas Vivas, neat buiding and great teachers. The administration is terrible though.

yea, I can't even find a telephone number on their website, so I had to write a message to their contact page, hoping they get back to me, otherwise unsure how I'm supposed to get in touch with them!

Thank you for posting this!

I was gonna ask this question too.

What I did was get my BC, Background Check, HS Diploma, University Transcript, and High School Transcript all legalized at the Argentine Consulate before I moved here. I paid about $300 USD when it was all said and done.

I was wondering if it is possible to get a student visa from a language school, or is it only from Universities like UBA or JFK? I'm in BsAs and wanted to get the visa mainly so I don't have to do the Colonia run, and so I could try and (no, I'm not a masochist) to get a DNI/CUIL so I could possibly get a bank account/job.

Also, has anyone been able to get an account at Glacia or HSBC without a DNI? I see on both of their sites they only want ID and a proof of address. Apparently I've heard BLN will give you a savings account (with Maestro Card) if you have the document you get from AFIP with your poilice proof of address

Sorry for the 20Q everyone, and thanks!

Back