Study: Which Nationality Is Most Likely To Steal From Hotels

nkotb

Registered
You guessed it (or maybe not): Argentinians, with 73% admitting to taking items (not including toiletries) from rooms. I can't link, but google the thread title.

You guessed it (or maybe not): Argentinians, with 73% admitting to taking items (not including toiletries) from rooms. I can't link, but google the thread title.

According to this link:

http://travel.cnn.com/worlds-most-and-least-honest-travelers-are-400806

77% of Argentines say they have *NEVER* "pocketed hotel property" making them the 11th most honest nationality (tied with Singapore).

sleslie23: that's from 2013. The 2015 hotels.com poll says otherwise. Colombians are the most honest now.

leslie23: of course it did. I don't endorse the results or methodology. Just giving people something to talk about. Unless you prefer to argue about alcohol and religion.

If I'd earn a penny for every useless study posted here, I'd never work again... :D

Which nationality is most likely to steal from it's hotel guests?
CUBA
Nancy

Nancy, when you and Tom were in Cuba, did you have things stolen from your room? That has happened to us in San Francisco (Hotel Miyako) and Chicago (Ambassador East), from a locked suitcase. No safe available in either room, and I would guess that Cuba's hotels don't provide safes either. I understand Cuba isn't high on your "return soon" list --

My friend's hotel in Rosario has the lamps, pictures, waste paper bins fixed to surfaces due to locals pilfering...I was shocked. Her family are resigned...sad!!

Back