Stupid Question About Manuel Tienda León Transport Service

DontMindMe

Registered
I have always just used the taxi stand outside Ezeiza and haggled a price, but this time around I'm trying to make things as easy on myself as possible and reserve something ahead of time. Plus, I only have AR $300 pesos in cash at the moment, and I'll be damned if I'm going to an ATM to pull out more cash at the airport and not get the blue rate. Unless 300 is still enough for the outside taxi stand, in which case someone please let me know. But I doubt it. OR are they taking dollars now?? Could I throw 'em a 50 or something and call it a day?

Here is my stupid question: On the Manuel Tienda León web site, you have to make an account. On the Spanish registration page, when it asks for your address, it's as if you live in Argentina, with CP, localidad, etc. So I thought, hmm, should this be my destination address upon arrival? Then I decided to look at the English page, where it wants country, state, zip code, but interestingly enough, not city. Does this even matter? When I click next, it's probably going to ask me for the credit card info and destination stuff, right? Or was it enough that I selected Ezeiza-Cap Fed, and I'll tell them where I'm going upon arrival?

I know I'm over thinking this. I just don't want to make some account and then have it be screwed up, not be able to make another one cause my name/e-mail is already registered, etc. Essentially, I really don't want to have to deal with Argentine web site and/or customer service BS before I even get back, so any info is appreciated. This was the service recommended to me by several people, but of course I take everything down there with a grain of salt. Thanks!

No need to make a reservation at all. When you exit customs there is the Manuel Tienda stand. Go to them and pay the 90 pesos. You then go to a large bus that takes you to their Retiro station. There you will change to a smaller car that takes you to your final destination. Manuel Tienda does have their schedule of how frequently buses leave online.

Thanks Travelbug, I did see the bus services but I was thinking of splurging on the taxi service. I might end up sharing with someone I know on the same flight who has never been to BA (another reason I want to have it all straight). Really, no reservation needed? Sounds good to me! The last thing I need is another account online with another password to remember! Gets hard to keep them all straight. :p

And wineguy999, I'll look into it. Thanks.

The Tienda leon remise service went up a few weeks ago to 340 pesos

The bus service to Retiro is 80 pesos.

Both can be booked when you arrive

I've taken Manuel Tienda. Changing buses in Retiro isn't bad at all. But if you have 2 people splitting a cab it's not that much cheaper.

what mariposa said.... 250 pesos eze to the centro..... 195 pesos back to eze....

Cool, I'm picking up my pareja tomorrow at EZE at 1am. To get back into town it looks like it's taxi ezeiza for $250 for the win. I want to get out to the airport a bit more cheaply. Is the Manuel Tienda Leon bus the best way to do it?

@amsam - You could also work out a return trip with a remis (ask around in your barrio, or check Mercadolibre). The last time I went to the airport to pick someone up (May 2013) I paid 300 pesos from Palermo to Ezieza and back, including an hour's wait.

Back