SUBE card

kavanap

Registered
Hi all,

I need to get a SUBE card asap. I have looked at the 'SUBE' website but all the information looks out of date already! I work 9 - 5 Monday to Friday so it is difficult for me to queue during normal work hours. If I have to take some time off where be the best place to go (I live in Palermo).

Gracias

As of yesterday, the SUBE branch in the plaza Italia subte station was out of cards. Is OCA no longer giving them out? I'd find one of their branches in Palermo and go on your lunch hour. The craze to get the card seems to have subsided so there shouldn't be much of a line.

Utopos said:
You can do the entire process for a Sube Card online here:
http://www.transporte.gob.ar/content/sube-online/&recuperar=1

I did mine this way in March (after loosing the card a friend had given me). It took two weeks to be processed and another week to be delivered.
They stopped taking online orders for new cards a month or 2 ago. The link is only to replace a lost or stolen card.

This link lists all locations in CABA where you can obtain your original/first card: http://guiasube.transporte.gob.ar/obtencion.php?loc_elige=caba&loc_nombre=Capital%20Federal

I picked up a SUBE card in 5 minutes at the OCA store near the Jose Hernandez station on subte 'D' last Friday. I just had to show my passport.

Same here. Went to the UPS location at 1300 Cabildo in Belgrano. Took 5 minutes. Needed my passport. Very easy.

Is CFK still subsidizing the subte?

I've got a monedero, but I might want to save a little coin these next couple of months.

Maybe they are supposed to be free, but a friend and I went into a OCA store in Palermo (somewhere near Fitz Roy and Charcas) and the lady there sold us both cards for 10 pesos. This was after visiting multiple correos and being turned away because they didn't have any, or we weren't carrying pasaportes.

I don't think they are free. I paid ten pesos too at the OCA store.

Back