Suggestions For Eclectic Fun Restaurants?

chris

Registered
Visiting Americans have asked me " Any suggestions for going to some eclectic fun restaurants/bars to hang out at the end of the day?"

Ideas?

pick up the fork.

http://pickupthefork.com/
she covers it all, by barrio.

if they are americans visiting, most likely they will still find BsAs very cheap.
if you are earning in dollars, it is.

restaurants like Gran Dabang, or La Carniceria, or Urondo Bar, or Yeite, which are all favorites of mine, would cost double or triple where I live in the US.

Also, Peron Peron, el bar de Roberto (near plaza almagro), post bar on thames street, almost nicaragua weekdays around 7 pm.

Milongas may be fun too.

Here we go again with Argentina for Export .
Visiting US people will find Argentina a little less cheap than before as the blue dollar is close to phase out
Many, if not most, of US people like myself who live here full time will probably frequent less "eclectic,fun" places but still places a little more "pueblo"
Like the corner bar de gallegos o la parrilla del barrio
Yes.Milongas are usually fun.

if they are americans visiting, most likely they will still find BsAs very cheap.
if you are earning in dollars, it is.

restaurants like Gran Dabang, or La Carniceria, or Urondo Bar, or Yeite, which are all favorites of mine, would cost double or triple where I live in the US.

Perhaps you are in Beverly Hills :rolleyes:

I look at the August prices of restos in Madrid and Paris for lunch Menu is 20 euros that is $300 pesos or the same price as BA for an average Resto,
Triple of the the BA price would be US$ 60 that is sort of Pricey...!! well "A chacun son goût...."

this is an old and tired argument.
I will only say-
I live in BOTH the United States, and Argentina, every year.
I am not a tourist, I have owned a home in Buenos Aires for almost ten years, and live for 3 months every year here.
I know what restaurants cost in both countries.

I find that for equivalent food, I eat cheaper in Buenos Aires, in every quality and price category.

Your mileage may vary- but I have US friends down to visit every year.
And every single one of them has commented on how cheap the food is for its quality.

Ries;:
OK. Depending on your personal budget your statement is true..".... for equivalent food,I eat cheaper in BA,in every quality and price category."
.Because of my work I became used to eating most of my meals out decades ago.
Most of the midtown noontime eatery promotions run at most $150 pesos or U$D 10 per person which includes:
bread (sometimes with butter),a drink. a main course , a dessert or coffee.The tip is voluntary.
The quality is always good,home cooking-"comida casera".Working porteños won't eat scholck.They'll send it back.
At least, in NYC,it is impossible to find that quality for price ratio.
I am going up in September and ,luckily,I'll be eating mostly at brother's and sister's .In October I'm going to Colombia and
although,i like the country,I know that I won't get that quality for price there either.
An evening meal with wine in a nice place with wine is a different thing anywhere including BA.

To Noesdeayer [background=rgb(230, 230, 230)]. Look for this chain in Colombia, they have locations almost everywhere, the prices are the same in every location- may be a few cents difference between the cities, the quality of food is very consistent, lots of variety and a very good fresh salad bar, tip is optional - they add 10% to the the bill and ask you if you want to tip or decline. I found the prices there to be at least 25% to 50% lower than in any other restaurant of that level and you know exactly what you get - no disappointing surprises, we've tried a bunch of other places and every time returned to crepes...the only drawback is that they are usually very busy, but the salad bar is self serve so you can start with that and the service is very good, I believe they employ single mothers only. As for the tip, we were there Xmas eve and wanted to leave 25 % and the waitress said they are not allowed to accept more without a supervisor permission, so we had to ask the shift manager and she accepted. So 10% it is and only if you want to. [/background] http://crepesywaffles.com.co/

Back