Suggestions for washer/dryer combo unit? Brand? Stores?

Sleuth

Registered
I'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions for a washer/dryer combo unit that I need to buy.

I have heard poor things about combo units in the past, but I do not have the space for both a washer and a dryer and being an expat, I'm tired of not having a dryer.

Was hoping for some brand suggestions as well as the best places to buy it at....

Thanks.

I thought about buying one as well (same boat - I only have enough room for 1) and everyone strongly advised me against the combo units b/c if there is a problem, then you lose both the washer and dryer. :mad: If you do get one, I guess I would say make sure you have a good warranty.

I looked at a bunch at Falabella and the prices seemed pretty good there. They also have them at the Easy (the one btwn Dorrego y Bulrich). You can check the prices online too at the big chains.

Good luck.

Well, I was about to answer in a traditional way, that means not answering the OP but asking my own question : Why would you need a dryer anyway when it's damn hot here from october until march + it's not ecological + if you don't check your electricity bill and you go over 1000 KW you are going to pay a fine to Edenor/Edesud !

But I said I won't reply this so I won't, I promess.

More seriously, I used to have one like this 15 years ago in Europe and I'm not that much convinced. Maybe has the tech evolved since but I doubt. To empty half of the wet laundry (works better) to dry it is a loss of time.

Lavaderos offer the drying service (and they have big oversized dryers).

All in all, when it comes to buy electronics/appliances, I always check mercadolibre, best deals are there.

Ariston is the best quality washer/dryer combo you will find in Argentina, if you can find it in stock. Try to get the model with the LCD touch screen, it's newer.

http://www.aristonchannel.com.ar/inicial.asp?p=fichaProducto&ver=2&cod=507&seccion=Detalle&stack=3

If not, try the LG model. Not a bad option either.

http://www.lg.com/ar/linea-blanca/lavarropas/LG-carga-frontal-WD12596RD.jsp

http://www.lg.com/ar/linea-blanca/lavarropas/LG-carga-frontal-F1403RD5.jsp

http://www.lg.com/ar/linea-blanca/lavarropas/index.jsp

There really is no issue as far as maintenance as long as you purchase a good make and model, use it properly, and have a warranty just in case. These are used broadly in Europe ( the washer dryer combos in general, the Ariston brand in particular ).

Buy a cheap brand and expect to get what you paid for.

We have a Indesit WIDL46, 4kg combo which we bought at either Fravega or Gabarino almost 2 years ago. It works great & have yet to have any problem with it. Knock wood.

AlexfromLA said:
Ariston is the best quality washer/dryer combo you will find in Argentina, if you can find it in stock. Try to get the model with the touch screen, it's newer.

I've heard the Ariston's have really poor service. Any idea on that?

Thanks for all the advice. I looked on Mercado Libre but they did not have much. As for wanting a dryer, with a newborn on the way, I'm not sure what things we'll need to have cleaned and dried quickly.

Anyhow, it looks like we're going to Rodo tomorrow since they have 20% off with the Standard bank card on Saturdays.

They have a Longvie model that looks pretty good. (LS 4817)

Indesit makes the Ariston brand as well.

Great option.

mini said:
We have a Indesit WIDL46, 4kg combo which we bought at either Fravega or Gabarino almost 2 years ago. It works great & have yet to have any problem with it. Knock wood.

I have used the Ariston brand for 6 years now, in Europe and here in Argentina, and have never had a problem with their machines so I don't know how their warranty service is.

Ariston is made by Indesit, an Italian company. I'll stick with a European manufacturer any day.

Sleuth said:
I've heard the Ariston's have really poor service. Any idea on that?

I totally understand your NEED for a drier besides being tired of laying clothes all around. I live in an interior apartment, contrafrente that opens to a tiny patio. The air circulation is terrible and so some of my clothes would MILDEW before they would dry, especially in winter.

We bought a Longvie L616 lavasecarropas off Mercadolibre for a little over 300 USD; it is small capacity of about 5 kilos and takes an 1.5-2 hours to wash but drying time is super fast. But it's not a big deal as we just throw in the laundry more frequently. We bought a used one from a guy who was clearly the owner of the unit about 6 mos ago. I am very happy with mine. I still use my wall mounted drier for blouses because the drier is powerful and hard on delicate clothes.

Careful buying from guys on ML who are clearly tecnicos, mechanics (they are guys on Mercadolibre who post multiple WDs and who usually have the best prices). Unless you are tecnico yourself, you never know how serious the problems it had before it got to the tecnico. And their fix will be quick and cheap, enough to get the machine working and sellable and out the door with max profit for them. While I would buy no means call most of them scam artists-they do honest repair/resell work, you need to know what you are buying and looking at.

Back