Summary - Best Stylish Places For Hair, Cut And Colour

Kasper Thomas, Danish guy probably one of the best in Europe let alone here...works privately and in EstudioH (the best salon here, forget Roho). his blog has contact details..
http://kasperthomas.blogspot.com.ar/
This sounds like the solution to my fine Scandinavian hair! I have liked the cut and color I have had at Cerini (twice), but I will definitely try this guy.

I come to dance tango every year for four months in Spring before it gets too hot. I use Javier Aranda every year for both hair and makeup, color/cut usually once maybe twice, and brushing and makeup once a week, it is a real treat. My girlfriend (Argentina) referred me to him 3 years ago. My dear Javier is an artist and speaks good English. Better than mine,I am Russian and live in Sydney. I miss him when I leave. He only sees you by appointment 1535901688

I decided to give one of my neighborhood peluquerias a chance, at the recommendation of my neighbor and friend - and I am SO pleased! Fantastic highlights, the cut I wanted, and a nice blow out - all for 300 pesos. It's kind of funny how much I dislike going to the hairdresser: I have spoken Spanish half my life, I have worked in Spanish for years, I can present papers and whatnot - but I feel completely lost at the hairdresser when trying to explain what I want. But today it was different! He really listened and agreed to do the mechas with papel (not the cap - I hate that), agreed to the color I wanted, and did not cut my hair more than I wanted. (Why do hairdressers always want to do that??)

The place is called Studio Stilistas and it is in Villa Crespo, on Acevedo 225, between Camargo and Padilla, just a few blocks from Corrientes (Malabia subte). My stylist was Germán, super nice guy. 2067-4236. (I am not sponsored by the way, just super happy to find a good, cheap, local place. Nothing fancy at all.) I wanted to attach a photo of my hair but can't figure out how.

I wanted to attach a photo of my hair but can't figure out how.
(above quote edited for brevity)
Not sure what's easiest. I resize my photos to about 25%, and save in JPG format, to get a reasonable file size. Then I upload them to Photobucket.com, and use the built-in linking in IMG format, but I still have to delete the '~original' from the end.

That seems to me like a lot of file manipulation for the average non-geek, but I'll be damned if I know an easier way

The part that bothers me about local haircut places is hygiene. I'm used to seeing the scissors and other tools soaking in that blue alcohol solution between customers. They don't seem to do anything about sanitation here, and I wonder what is to prevent them passing piojos from customer to customer?

My sympathies on having fine hair. Luckily mine is rather coarse.

Thanks RedPossum! I think I am too lazy for that - people will have to just imagine my great highlights! :)

Sadly, Kasper Thomas has left the country permanently, cos he could not get a DNI despite his valiant efforts.

Mala in Palermo Soho - on the expensive side: http://malapeluqueria.com/

Ask for my Cuban friend Yadira.

I have been to Javier Aranda because of the good review, and it was perfect!! He speaks english and he is a very good hairdresser, super professional.
He now has a new salon in recoleta which looks amazing. See for pictures and more information his website:

http://sicodelica.com/en/

Jumping on the salon recommendation bandwagon and recommending mine, because I'm in love with them.
https://www.facebook.com/Pranapelu

Prana Peluqueria, nothing new and actually quite well known I think at least amongst the locals. There's multiple locations in Belgrano, I think they opened one in Villa Urquiza recently. It's got a punk vibe, lots of dreadlocks, animal printed hair, bright pink hair, you name it. But I don't do anything "crazy" to my hair, they are just amazing. I've gotten great hair cuts, they cut your hair dry which I've come to love (I hated back home when the stylist dried my hair and it was way shorter than I asked for after it had shrunk up dry). I've gotten the lacio definitivo/perm straightened, they don't use formaldehyde (which convinced me) and my hair has been so healthy ever since, I go in regularly for banos de amino acidos to hydrate my hair. Honestly, I've been to the salon more in the past 3 months than in the past 2 years combined haha, I've just come to enjoy it because for the first time I feel comfortable in one and they're all so damn nice.

So if anyone braves going to one where you have to speak Spanish (that IS how you learn!), I stand behind this place. My stylist is Feche at the Cramer location

Back