Superbowl Party?

twowheeltours

Registered
Does anyone know the what's and where's of a super bowl party here? Is it going to be nationally televised or are they going to show woman's tennis like last night? BAexpats party in the making...:D

The main expat bars will definitely show the game.
I think I saw that Sugar is having a party in Palermo.
I assume (but don´t know for sure) that Casa Bar and the Alamo in Recoleta will be having parties as well.

I am sure that CasaBar on Rodriguez Pena off Santa Fe will show it, as will the Alamo nearby. I also bet that ESPN shows it down here, there are enough American football fans in the country make it worth their while.

Sugar is Costa Rica 46?? (not positive of exact number, it's at the corner of Costa Rica y Armenia), a couple doors from Budda Bar.

twowheeltours said:
Does anyone know the what's and where's of a super bowl party here? Is it going to be nationally televised or are they going to show woman's tennis like last night? BAexpats party in the making...:D

ESPN chose to show the Jets game unfortunately yesterday and then moved to tennis. A poor choice it was obvious on paper which of the two games was going to provide the most action and excitement. I was lucky to see Favre choke via internet stream, and the Vikings loss was one of the best games I have seen this season. ESPN should be slapped around for their choice. Because I assume their contract gave them the choice of which game to show.

As I understand it, it wasn't that they chose to, it was that whoever owns ESPN (ABC or CBS was it?) has the rights to one league (AFC) and Fox has the rights to the other (NFC).

In fact, I was with a buddy yesterday and watched both games because he has DirectTV which has the FoxA sports network on it and ESPN.

Funny thing is the last round of playoff games were on ESPNHD, but last night's Jets vs Colts was on regular! But again, they only showe the AFC playoff games.

Hi there! Just wondering if there were any spots around town where I could watch the super bowl...thanks so much for your help in advance!

Best regards,

John from LA

yes alamo and casa bar is about it for sports bars i think!!!!.....they will be packed!!!! Sugar has a projection like screen it isnt perfect.... but it will work... but yes the game will be on TV... I wish I had a huge apartment I would ask everyone over hahaha
Go Saints!!!!

Back